Next season's Goalies

McDeathbyCheerios*

I think we need to trade Bryzgalov if other teams have a strong interest, and then roll with Bachman and Scrivens for the rest of the year, the better one we keep for sure and then we aim for a UFA goalie.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
I picked the Reimer/FA - Scrivens because that was the closest to what I want which is FA - Scrivens.

What I'd prefer is any one of Halak/Hiller/Khudobin/Neuvirth along with Scrivens. As long as we don't over-pay our starter I'll be happy, there's no need with this market this year.

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011
I doubt completely that Scrivens will want to sign in this tire fire for whatever pennies MacT wants to throw at him.

If he does stay, MacT is gonna have to overpay. This goes double for whatever other FA goalie we add.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Reimer/Khudobin/MAYBE Halak depending on price with Scrivens

No to Hiller, Ward, Neuvirth

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
I doubt completely that Scrivens will want to sign in this tire fire for whatever pennies MacT wants to throw at him.

If he does stay, MacT is gonna have to overpay. This goes double for whatever other FA goalie we add.

The thing is, this years is a buyers market for goalies. There are less teams looking than there are guys looking for jobs. I'd be surprised if the FA goalies all get what they're looking for.

Sloth Slothersons*

If a trade for Ward doesn't work out I see management offering up a fair overpayment on Hiller this summer.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton

Scrivens grew up just outside Edmonton, he'll stay and i very much doubt he asks for a lot unless hes stellar the rest of the season and that's not out of the realm of possibility. Either he plays decent and gets backup money(1-2 million) or he plays exceedingly well and we get a starter for like 3-4 million per year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad