Next season PO perspective

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
This season's team reminds this fan of the 69-70 Habs, whose comeback in 70-71 was amazing, after missing the playoffs for the 1st time in two decades. They came together with 7 or 8 rookies helping Jean Beliveau & John Ferguson win the SC in their last season, with help from the Little M & Big M. Houle, Tardif, Lapointe, Dryden, Bouchard, Lefley, Sheehan, Pleau, Redmond, Roberto, Rochefort, the prospects helping H.Richard & Cournoyer, Savard, Laperriere, J.C.Tremblay, the veterans, stealing the Stanley Cup from under the Boston Bruins led by Bobby Orr, & Chicago led by Bobby Hull.

This Habs team has the type of "Core Group" necessary, along with a troop of young prospects that may just emulate, that same type of success enjoyed in 70-71 by the Habs. A breakout season from A.Galchenyuk is all but a certainty, after watching the offensive display Alex, Max & Brendan gave us in a dismal season marred by injuries to our core players, Brendan & Carey the most obvious omissions. Full speed ahead, like I said I'm bullish about my Habs chances next season, and for good reasons!!!...:nod::nod::nod::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Big omission in that team's lineup one Jacques Lemaire whose goal in the final game was instrumental in that win, alongside Henri Richard's two goals to comeback from 2-0 and win 3-2 against Chicago in Chicago Stadium, no less!!!.......... in the seventh game.

Last edited:

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
This season's team reminds this fan of the 69-70 Habs, whose comeback in 70-71 was amazing, after missing the playoffs for the 1st time in two decades. They came together with 7 or 8 rookies helping Jean Beliveau & John Ferguson win the SC in their last season, with help from the Little M & Big M. Houle, Tardif, Lapointe, Dryden, Bouchard, Lefley, Sheehan, Pleau, Redmond, Roberto, Rochefort, the prospects helping H.Richard & Cournoyer, Savard, Laperriere, J.C.Tremblay, the veterans, stealing the Stanley Cup from under the Boston Bruins led by Bobby Orr, & Chicago led by Bobby Hull.

This Habs team has the type of "Core Group" necessary, along with a troop of young prospects that may just emulate, that same type of success enjoyed in 70-71 by the Habs. A breakout season from A.Galchenyuk is all but a certainty, after watching the offensive display Alex, Max & Brendan gave us in a dismal season marred by injuries to our core players, Brendan & Carey the most obvious omissions. Full speed ahead, like I said I'm bullish about my Habs chances next season, and for good reasons!!!...:nod::nod::nod::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Big omission in that team's lineup one Jacques Lemaire whose goal in the final game was instrumental in that win, alongside Henri Richard's two goals to comeback from 2-0 and win 3-2 against Chicago in Chicago Stadium, no less!!!.......... in the seventh game.

I believe tha the Mahovolich brothers were on that team as well.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Too many ??? To really have an opinion. If price is healthy, we make the POs, thats about the extend of predictability of next season.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Off season will tell.
Inured Price = no playoffs
Healthy Price + Current team = Playoffs with early exit
Healthy Price + Upgrade in Top 6 = Playoffs with deep run

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Have to assume Price is healthy; otherwise all bets are off. I'm also assuming Bergevin does his job and adds some real offensive talent in the next few months.

Based on those two factors I see the Habs as a legit contender.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
The east is so weak, the only real threat is Tampa and maybe Washington if they finally manage to get past the 2nd round.
We better hurry to open that cup contending window because Buffalo and Toronto are coming up, not next year but in a couple of years they could be dangerous.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The east is so weak, the only real threat is Tampa and maybe Washington if they finally manage to get past the 2nd round.
We better hurry to open that cup contending window because Buffalo and Toronto are coming up, not next year but in a couple of years they could be dangerous.

Buffalo maybe, but Toronto is gearing up to be somewhat like Edmonton. They have a lot of work to stock up their D, and the goalie position, which are both crucial. No matter if Babcock is the coach and how many offensive players they have, if they don't fix these two key areas, they won't be much of a threat.

The way people see Toronto right now reminds me of a few years back when some people we're all frantic about Edmonton's offensive players they drafted and how many said they'd prefer to have Edmonton's lineup and yet, Habs have been consistently MUCH better than them over the span since then.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Eliminated in the first round in the playoff, with a ****** powerplay, a struggling old markov, a feminine Plekanec and a team who cant score goals.

Then MB's presser : << At the end of the day you need to be happy with what we did. Last year we haven't made the playoff, this year we reached it. Every team in the league wants to make the playoffs and we cant all win the Cup. At least, we progressed. We learned as a team. I have full confidence in Michel Therrien's coaching team, because as you can see we went in the playoff every year he coached here, except one. We are going in the right direction, my direction >>

Rince. Repeat. Till. We. All. Die.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Honestly If we don't do anything over the Summer I'm extremely worried.
It would be one thing if I thought falling into the abyss was all on goaltending, but there were far too many other issues including rumours of internal strife and player conflict. The defeatist attitude the team took on after a coupke of losses was telltale. It's funny how a management group who claim they can't do this and they can't do that reflects on a team who basically rolls over and dies.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
If Price is healthy we're going to make the playoffs. I think we'll do better then expected but still be a disappointment if that makes sense. Lose in the ECF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad