Next home game

Groundskeeper Willie

Oct 5, 2018
Should give JT a nice chant after yesterday's shinnanigans. Sure the team played like crap and the best response is to play a great game but I legit felt bad for the guy. My wife who doesnt even watch hockey was tearing up at the hostility towards Tavares in the pregame. She called it borderline bullying. What a sweetheart.

Reactions: Hockey Crazy

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Fans were booing Gardiner a couple weeks ago.... They should be able to cheer pretty loudly for Tavares.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Fully agree. Let our players know that they're supported back home... there's so much negativity around the team right now... sometimes I wonder what the players think of playing here really.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I only own one Leaf jersey with a name, and that is Tavares. Hope the crowd gives him a standing O

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
chants should be " He chose us" clap clap " he chose us" clap clap

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
It was a tough night for Johnny alright.

He is a pro and can handle it.

I don't believe he needs fan reassurance and reinforcement to know he is well liked and appreciated by the home crowd. Overcompensating for last nights road game is not the answer as it only acts to reopen old wounds.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

Last edited:

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
It's a great idea on paper but be prepared to get a bunch of side-eyes and dirty looks from the sushi eating elite in the lower bowl

God forbid you show any vocal support for the team and disturb their night..

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
There is no way our home crowd will do the right thing. Half of them aren't even in their seats when the period starts, and are too busy making business deals to be bothered with hockey.

Sorry to say it, but I want every true Leafs fan to look for those fake fans, wearing suits and ties, not cheering, sitting at the bar until 12 minutes into the period. Then throw a beer in their face. Keep doing it until we stop getting these useless corporate tools showing up to games to impress clients. Get real fans in the arena, let them be heard.

Our home crowd is literally the worst in the league, and probably one of the worst in professional sports.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I'm guessing the 11 million helps him get over it. He's a pro he will be fine....

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
It's a great idea on paper but be prepared to get a bunch of side-eyes and dirty looks from the sushi eating elite in the lower bowl

God forbid you show any vocal support for the team and disturb their night..

Probably this.
I would be pretty surprised if we hear anything from the crowd of silence.

Expensive suits are pretty sensitive to loud noises.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
There is no way our home crowd will do the right thing. Half of them aren't even in their seats when the period starts, and are too busy making business deals to be bothered with hockey.

Sorry to say it, but I want every true Leafs fan to look for those fake fans, wearing suits and ties, not cheering, sitting at the bar until 12 minutes into the period. Then throw a beer in their face. Keep doing it until we stop getting these useless corporate tools showing up to games to impress clients. Get real fans in the arena, let them be heard.

Our home crowd is literally the worst in the league, and probably one of the worst in professional sports.
Should give JT a nice chant after yesterday's shinnanigans. Sure the team played like crap and the best response is to play a great game but I legit felt bad for the guy. My wife who doesnt even watch hockey was tearing up at the hostility towards Tavares in the pregame. She called it borderline bullying. What a sweetheart.

Both excellent ideas. A barn full of drunken fools with schoolyard chants were getting the "passion" tag by every analyst and reporter last night. Our barn could barely sustain a cheer when honouring Johnny f***ing Bower when he passed away.

Its embarrassing and needs to change.

Reactions: Chris18820

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad