Next HFNYR Player Ranking Project: Top 6 Goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Getting that itch again...

With the playoffs, the draft, and free agency behind us I figure this would be a good time to gauge the interest level in doing a Goalies project. Two months until training camp, and I can't take any more Tanner Glass discussion :laugh:

We've ranked Centers, Wingers, and Defensemen.

I'm not asking for anyone's commitment today. Just wanted to use this thread to get a sense of whether we'd have enough contributors to make it worthwhile to proceed with the Preliminary Discussion thread. Post in this thread if you are interested, or have any questions about the process.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
This is the position for which we actually have a suitably impressive list of candidates: Lundqvist, Giacomin, Richter, Vanbiesbrouck, Worsley, Rayner, Davidson, and Kerr.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I was just thinking about this the other day. I'm interested.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Getting that itch again...

With the playoffs, the draft, and free agency behind us I figure this would be a good time to gauge the interest level in doing a Goalies project. Two months until training camp, and I can't take any more Tanner Glass discussion :laugh:

We've ranked Centers, Wingers, and Defensemen.

I'm not asking for anyone's commitment today. Just wanted to use this thread to get a sense of whether we'd have enough contributors to make it worthwhile to proceed with the Preliminary Discussion thread. Post in this thread if you are interested, or have any questions about the process.

We should have a poll someday on best 4th liners ever.:)

Pretty much the goalie discussion starts with Lundqvist. I know he hasn't won a cup like Richter but he's easily IMO the best Rangers goaltender ever. In any case it's very hard to judge Kerr, Rayner and Worsley having never seen them as Rangers. I do remember Worsley as a North Star. I remember him without his mask and I also remember him getting hit in the face by a slap shot from Larry Sacharuk from center ice. Sacharuk pretty much sucked but he had an absolute bomb of a shot if you let him get it off. If I remember Worsley put a mask on towards the tail end of his career. I don't remember if he was wearing it that night.

Giacomin and Richter definitely a level above both Davidson and Beezer. Giacomin's in the HOF. Hard to argue with those kind of credentials. Richter was an absolute warrior and the only Rangers goalie to win a cup in my lifetime.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
I'm in. This one is going to be real interesting. I see some already undervaluing Vanbiesbrouk.

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
Great, guys. A couple more volunteers and I think we'd have the minimum to go forward.

KreiMeARiver*

This is the position for which we actually have a suitably impressive list of candidates: Lundqvist, Giacomin, Richter, Vanbiesbrouck, Worsley, Rayner, Davidson, and Kerr.

/thread

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
We're missing bern and Cake or Death out of the people that did the previous three, right?

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
We're missing bern and Cake or Death out of the people that did the previous three, right?

Richter Scale, as well. Glad that we have some newcomers, though.

Last edited:

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
Sounds like we're going to have a nice mix of old and new contributors. I'll leave this up until the end of the week, then replace it with the Preliminary Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad