Speculation: Next head coach of the San Jose Sharks

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
5 years is a long time for a coach. Hasn't the standard been 3 year contracts for a while now?
Except on top flight coaches.

Cassidy signed for 5, Carberry signed for 4, Cooper signed for 4, Berube 4, Tortorella 4, green 4, McLellan 5 (with sharks), DeBoer 4, richardson 4, brindamour 5

GRANdSharks

Mar 14, 2018
Halpern would be a great hire, who knows how it works out but it seems like he has paid his dues and is ready for the opportunity

Reactions: NiWa

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
If Halpern ended up being the guy, I could be okay with that. Better an AC under Jon Cooper than when this team hired an AC under Mike Babcock. :laugh:

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Yeah, I'm on the Halpern train, too. I like his experience and for some reason I have vaguely positive memories of him as a player--or, like, as a person when he was a player, though I can't remember any specifics, just that he was a good dude.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Halpern was a hell of a player. Textbook two-way 3C for many years.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Yeah, I'm on the Halpern train, too. I like his experience and for some reason I have vaguely positive memories of him as a player--or, like, as a person when he was a player, though I can't remember any specifics, just that he was a good dude.
Yeah he was a solid defensive be player and hardworking

Reactions: Sandisfan

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Another thing that seems weird about the coaching is that if DQ didn't have a system in place then how's he actually coach anyone? You can't say, "you know you're supposed to be over here, not over there" when there was no system explained or reasoning w/o a system.

Also, if the AHL team is supposed to be running the same-ish system as the parent club, WTF was McCarthy doing then?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Another thing that seems weird about the coaching is that if DQ didn't have a system in place then how's he actually coach anyone? You can't say, "you know you're supposed to be over here, not over there" when there was no system explained or reasoning w/o a system.

Also, if the AHL team is supposed to be running the same-ish system as the parent club, WTF was McCarthy doing then?
"I hope everyone has fun today! And after the game we're all going to Chuck E Cheese, as long as your parents all signed your permission slips."

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I probably am not remembering this right but I recall it being discussed before that Quinn wasn't really a systems guy and it was something that he collaborated on his ACs pretty heavily

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad