Speculation: Next head coach of the San Jose Sharks

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Well, now that Scarlett Johansson is married, it'll be interesting to see who I decide to date.
let-me-go-black-widow-end-game.gif

Her marriages don’t last more than 3 years. Just wait it out.
b3a52b1f-002e-483c-a0bd-37b1f87b015e_text.gif

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I'd rather GMMG have an extra long list, be thorough, and consider every possible candidate than be so narrow minded to only talk with "the favorites".

Reactions: themelkman

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'd rather GMMG have an extra long list, be thorough, and consider every possible candidate than be so narrow minded to only talk with "the favorites".
Definitely agree and it seems like the names that have come up either all don’t have NHL head coaching experience or only one stint which I like.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I have no idea how to feel about this. Dude was terrible in Chicago but how much of that was on him?
I put that mostly on their management. I don't know how they convinced themselves that a 33 year old coach who had one year of AHL coaching experience prior was ready to be an NHL coach. He's probably better prepared for a second tour of coaching duties with some more experience under his belt but not sure how much of that is really applicable to what the Sharks want to do with Celebrini moving forward.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Based on the latest speculation from Sheng, I'm putting the odds pretty high on Halpern. Former teammate of Grier during a painful rebuild, has won two cups as an assistant in TBL, some development experience.

Reactions: DG93

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
5 years is a long time for a coach. Hasn't the standard been 3 year contracts for a while now?
Yes, but why would you take that if you were an experienced coach walking into a rebuild.

2 rebuild years, 3 years to compete. Year 1 is basically a wash, there isn't a lot you can do with it.

Reactions: DG93

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
I guess the idea would be you take it because it shortens the window where you might not be allowed to take another job should the team not meet expectations. 3 years or 5 doesn't stop you getting fired, it just means you have to get permission to work again.

If you want security, get the money up front and win a bunch of games. I feel like anybody with the resume to ask for 5 years either wouldn't take the job or would have the resume to get a lot of leeway for underperformance anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad