Next GM Garth Snow? or who do you want? (stevie Y will be in Detroit at some point in time)

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
Not sure how everyone else would feel about this but I think Ralph Krueger wouldn’t be a bad choice, but I doubt he we leave a chairman position of premier league club, but the guy knows how to develop a good culture. He’s obviously a really smart guy and brings out the best out of players and personnel.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Not sure how everyone else would feel about this but I think Ralph Krueger wouldn’t be a bad choice, but I doubt he we leave a chairman position of premier league club, but the guy knows how to develop a good culture. He’s obviously a really smart guy and brings out the best out of players and personnel.

Kruger then proceeds to fire Lowe and Mac T via Skype.

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008

And we'd even let him do the job solely via Skype.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
His name actually popped into my head earlier in regards to this thread. Would be interesting for sure.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Problem is the fact he lives here in Europe year round and most NHL GM spends most of their time in their city. One complaint levelled at RK from the Oilers and some on this board is the fact he did not spend that much time in Edmonton in the off season( I was amused). But he does a lot of things here in Europe with a few economic think tanks that he does in the off season World Economic Forum,

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Next GM Garth Snow? or who do you want? (stevie Y will be in Detroit at some point in time)

Mark Hunter

Hire Tim Hunter to curb stomp Nicholson Lowe MacT Howson Green Sutter and Scott into oblivion.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
How about Hextall?

Cleaned up Philly cap. Traded Lecalvier and Luke Schenn contracts. Outstanding drafting

Edit: Traded a good player like B. Schenn for cap reasons, but that has turned into Morgan Frost and Joel Farabee

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Bangers

May 31, 2006

I'm not sure what Kreuger's role is anymore, but since Southampton's owner sold her majority of shares to a Chinese investor, that club has been a hot mess.

Where they used to be a model for young player development, they have become an Oilers-style cluster****.

If Ralph has played a major role in that, I dont want him anywhere near the Oil.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
It’s funny how you all bring up names from outside the organization. You really think Katz/OBC is going to bring in someone from outside the team? They’ll use Chia/Nicholson/TMac f***ing up as a legitimate way to get their power back again. Making Wayne Gretzky’s brother the GM is the most delightfully Oilers thing they could do.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I like Mark Hunter personally. Another name that could be in play is Bill Guerin. Former Oiler (check) but in this case has a modern approach to the game. He was Pittsburgh's analytics guy and has run their player development system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad