Next GM game

minion

Oct 6, 2008
Lincoln NE
This is not a post to claim teams, so don't bother. I'd like to know how many people are interested in another GM game. I don't think there is anyway we'll get 30. So the question is how many to have a game?

And what to do about teams no one choses. The 2 team concept was a decent idea, but its led to teams doing next to no trades, and just made for a difficult game. Its not something I would do again. Next choice is a dispersal draft.

The suggestion has been minimum of 15, preferably 20 gms, with a 4-6 round dispersal draft.

The draft could be done any number of ways. Best I've heard so far is a 3-4 round player draft, 1 round of a draft for player to be UFAs, and last round to be drafting an open team's prospect pool. All other players go "play in europe" or are other wise unavailable.

Another suggestion I've heard is 15 gms, who choose teams from only the east or west conference. 1 or the other chosen before the start, and a draft held as above for the other conference's players.

I'll gladly run/commish the next GM game, but I want to see if their is enough interest to make a game, and make it an enjoyable game.

Please post in this thread if you are interested in another GM game, what you think the minimum number of GM's should be, and ideas for unclaimed teams.Again no precalling teams here, just getting a head count and ideas.

Last edited:

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I don't think we should do any dispersal drafts. With less teams there are less trades. Instead, I think 2013 UFAs would be better if there are enough GMs. And it seems far less complicated after what we managed to do the last few games.

minion

Oct 6, 2008
Lincoln NE
I don't think we should do any dispersal drafts. With less teams there are less trades. Instead, I think 2013 UFAs would be better if there are enough GMs. And it seems far less complicated after what we managed to do the last few games.

All 2013 FA's or just the FA of teams chosen?

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I'm in, but i will not be very active on weekdays. I will be on in the mornings from around 7:15-8:00 AM and then not until about 7:00 PM.
On weekends, I will be more active though.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
All 2013 FA's or just the FA of teams chosen?

All. Anyone including Upcoming RFAs. Means guys like Perry, Getzlaf, Edler etc go UFA and a lot of cheap RFA roster players will get raises. And if we can get more then 15-20 people there should be much more trading done. Maybe do a 1 day re-signing period where people can trade rights and/or try and retain their players.

Gaborikthebeast

Always Blame the Zebras
Feb 16, 2010
All. Anyone including Upcoming RFAs. Means guys like Perry, Getzlaf, Edler etc go UFA and a lot of cheap RFA roster players will get raises. And if we can get more then 15-20 people there should be much more trading done. Maybe do a 1 day re-signing period where people can trade rights and/or try and retain their players.

Agreed that all shall be used

minion

Oct 6, 2008
Lincoln NE
OK I can see 15 teams... all 2013 free agents, RFA and UFA, being available.

But I'm still gonna want a draft for prospect pools. Hey rebuilding's my thing...

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
OK I can see 15 teams... all 2013 free agents, RFA and UFA, being available.

But I'm still gonna want a draft for prospect pools. Hey rebuilding's my thing...

i know you like re building but can we just remove the spects from the game well the ones from the un chosen team ?

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
what commitment would i be taking on? would be interested in trying once...

i generally think starting with a dispersal draft is a bad idea. Ditto starting with two teams. Teams should have weaknesses that need to be adressed though trades...but then again i dont really know jack ;)

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
what commitment would i be taking on? would be interested in trying once...

i generally think starting with a dispersal draft is a bad idea. Ditto starting with two teams. Teams should have weaknesses that need to be adressed though trades...but then again i dont really know jack ;)

It seems we are haveing just the other teams out of the game and useing 2013 ufa's and the commitment we would like you to edleast be on once a day

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I would be interested in starting with '06 rosters and seeing how long it could keep going.....standings may be tough though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad