Speculation: Next Coach of the Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Mack

Mar 20, 2009
Niagara Region, ON
Okay, we know which way the wind is blowing. It might be in a couple weeks or it might be in a couple months depending on how long management sits by, but a new coach is in our near future.

Not saying Randy is a bad coach, obviously he isn't with his track record, but clearly he's not reaching this group and has given up caring or trying. Either that or he is Mark Fraser's adoptive father.

The only issue, is there are coach out there who is worth hiring? I'm struggling to come up with names. Peter Laviolette is probably the most well known option out there but I think he's struggled to build a defensive structure.

Couple of possible names; John Anderson, Guy Boucher, Andy Murray, Steve Spott... not really anyone on there who really screams "must hire". Anyone have any ideas? I think Carlyle is coach for the rest of the season by default given the lack of candidates.

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Go look at Rielly's +/- ...

Now do you know why he plays Ranger and Fraser over him?

Bad things happen when Rielly is on the ice.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Okay, we know which way the wind is blowing. It might be in a couple weeks or it might be in a couple months depending on how long management sits by, but a new coach is in our near future.

Not saying Randy is a bad coach, obviously he isn't with his track record, but clearly he's not reaching this group and has given up caring or trying. Either that or he is Mark Fraser's adoptive father.

The only issue, is there are coach out there who is worth hiring? I'm struggling to come up with names. Peter Laviolette is probably the most well known option out there but I think he's struggled to build a defensive structure.

Couple of possible names; John Anderson, Guy Boucher, Andy Murray, Steve Spott... not really anyone on there who really screams "must hire". Anyone have any ideas? I think Carlyle is coach for the rest of the season by default given the lack of candidates.

Ron Wilson coached the Leafs to 4 X bottom 10 overall finishes and got a contract extension for his body of work.

Carlyle made the playoffs in his first season and has the Leafs 4 games above .500 at present.

I don't think a coaching change is imminent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad