Pre-Game Talk: Next 5 Games

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'll agree with you. 6 out of 10. This is an important stretch. We have to keep up. Our next 10 games are against playoff teams or borderline playoff teams. this is it.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
sitting at 32 points right now...Rags, Philly, and NJ all at 34, Carolina at 35...gonna be bunched up until someone decides to take off with it...

#WhyNotUs?

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
consider looking at the next 7 games. Put us at the halfway point. 5-2 puts us over .500 and 4-3 leaves us 1 under. trying to keep head above water until Bob and Horton return.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Carolina and NJ playing better lately, Flyers not so hot lately, Pens are the Pens even when depleted.

I'll go with 5 and not be surprised with an extreme in either direction.

Edit: Looking at standings I see Philly is 5-3-2 in last 10 same as Carolina. I need to change my surfing order.

Last edited:

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
4 points in the next 5 games. I hope to be no more than 6 points out of third place at New Year's. With Horton and Bob coming back the Jackets would still be in it.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
We need 6 in 10 to keep pace alone, and that is very doable for this team.

7 or 8 would be nice progress.

Less than 6 and we are moving in the wrong direction and digging the hole we are in even deeper.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
The loss tonight just has me drained. It feels like I don't even care anymore even though I know ill come crawling back on the 21st. Feels like all is gone.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Of course, every point is critical in today's NHL (Thanks, Ty).

That said, I feel that Saturday's game could be the game that defines the season. After being stone-cold locks in the third period with a lead, the Jackets have now blown their last two. There's now the chance for doubt to creep in where it wasn't before.

If they win Saturday, they can put this loss behind them and head into the Christmas break still in the thick of things. A home-and-home split with the Flyers is not that bad in the grand scheme of things with this current lineup. I see a few of the injured players joining the team shortly after the holiday break, so there will be a chance for rejuvenation and building on the positive vibe.

Lose, however, and this 8-point swing between us and the Flyers could be a season's backbreaker, with the doubt festering over the holiday. We'll see what these guys are made of on Saturday.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Is it time to tank? If not it's getting close... time served spent on the draft is better than dreaming of the playoffs at this point.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Is it time to tank? If not it's getting close... time served spent on the draft is better than dreaming of the playoffs at this point.

This year is really weak though. Not much to look forward to.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Jesus. You preach about lack of effort and no fire and intensity from the team/coaching staff and here you are encouraging tanking. How is that even possible? Pick a side.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I don't think its close to that. We're playing with half the payroll on the shelf and we're still only 3-5 points out.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't think its close to that. We're playing with half the payroll on the shelf and we're still only 3-5 points out.

Which has more to do with the general suckiness of the bottom 16 or so rather than our play. The question is do we overcome ours or will they overcome theirs?

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio

Come on man, thats flat out crazy talk.

35gp, 4 points below the line.

If we win the next 2 you'll be declaring a playoff run :laugh:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Come on man, thats flat out crazy talk.

35gp, 4 points below the line.

If we win the next 2 you'll be declaring a playoff run :laugh:

I don't care about what the line currently is. What I care about is where we need to finish, which is around 92-95 points, and what we need to do to get there. We have really put ourselves in a bad position. You never want to be in a position where you have to start getting 14 of 20 points every 10 games to a chance of squeaking in.

Talks of tanking are irrelevant. The team and organization won't quit. The team knows they have reinforcements and the Olympic break coming up.

It's kind of interesting how easy some of the fan base gives up after what we did last season.

The rest of the month is very winnable games. I offer no predictions.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 3h
Some new look #CBJ trios: Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson, Foligno-Anisimov-Gaborik, Calvert-Johansen-Umberger/Horton, Tropp-Letestu-Comeau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad