WWE: News on post-Wrestlemania NXT call ups

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- WWE officials are reportedly planning on bringing Samoa Joe to the main roster after WrestleMania 32, possibly as soon as the post-WrestleMania RAW the next day.

Right now the plan is to debut Joe on that RAW but it was noted by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that creative plans could change, but plans are in motion to bring Joe up. There was at least talk of having Joe defeat Finn Balor for the NXT Title and extend their feud, which would obviously delay his main roster call-up.

There has also been a lot of consideration lately to calling Sami Zayn to the main roster for a feud with Kevin Owens.

Regarding Balor, it does not look like he will be called up after WrestleMania as officials are still looking at him to be the face of the NXT brand past March.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

I'll be shocked if Enzo and Cass aren't called up either. There's nothing left for them to do in NXT with the rise of American Alpha.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Cool for Joe but why wait on Finn any longer when you have Bullet Club sitting on your doorstep?

I mean I guess they could go with an AJ lead club, but they need a new name as Balor Club won't make sense and they don't own Bullet Club.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I have zero interest in Samoa Joe...really. There's a handful of NXT talent that I'm looking forward to so much more.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I have zero interest in Samoa Joe...really. There's a handful of NXT talent that I'm looking forward to so much more.

Enzo and Cass please and thank you.

I don't get keeping Finn in NXT any longer. Gallows and Anderson are supposedly going quickly to the main roster. AJ seems to be doing his own solo thing.

How could they not do Balor Club? Unless we are being worked here...

Or they do a trick ending at NXTMania, Finn turns, and Joe joins Bullet Club too.

Last edited:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Am i the only one that hates how they always write "subject to change" like, no **** things are subject to change, you're reporting on things month ahead in advance.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Am i the only one that hates how they always write "subject to change" like, no **** things are subject to change, you're reporting on things month ahead in advance.

For as much as Vince changes his mind on things, it should be a given that they're subject to change. Sometimes it's like reading an Eklund rumor, unless you know the rumor is from someone you trust and thus legitimate.

It's not as bad as it was when the IWC was first starting to be a thing back in like 2000. You'd see a link that said 'Update: The ROCK to join DX?' And then you see "there current plan is for the Rock to continue feuding with DX through Wrestlemania."

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
There's really absolutely no point to "report" on Balor, bayley or Joe because those should be the automatic top 3 assumptions for people being called up next.

Now if they wanna talk about i don't know..just about anyone else, then i can get behind it.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I really don't want Bálor in NXT for much longer. But it does make sense to time his debut somewhat. So delaying until some other post-'Mania fallout happens would make sense, but he really should be up ASAP.

Joe should have been there a decade ago.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If he doesn't say it, he'll get **** on for saying it as fact. He gets it anyway, but at least he gets to call them idiots for not being able to read.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Balor is such a strange case. He could debut next Monday or not until after WrestleMania. It seems so up in the air - maybe this is an intentional smoke screen.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
When's Itami set to return ?
Surely he could be positioned shortly after he gets back to be the top face in NXT
Thus freeing up Balor

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Will there be an NXT Title match at Wrestlemania? There should be.

Balor vs Joe should be the match, but since they are running the title match at NXT: Dallas, it's not happening.

But they could run an NXT Angle around WM so that it could happen.

Joe wins the title from Balor at Takeover on Friday. Balor doesn't do the Demon gimmick though. Over the course of Saturday, run an angle at Access where Joe declares he done everything that can possibly be done at NXT and it's time to put "the minor leagues" behind him. He makes a public appeal to Vince to join the main roster.

HHH catches wind of this. Via a special statement on Saturday night (live at Access or via WWE.com) he states that while Vince runs the main roster, HHH runs NXT and he takes Joe's comments as a personal slight, as does the rest of NXT.

HHH announces that Balor is using his rematch clause, and the match will be at Wrestlemania.

Balor gets to do the full Demon entrance on the biggest stage. Joe loses the belt and joins the main roster with a chip on his shoulder toward HHH. NXT gets unheard of exposure.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Enzo and Cass pretty please.

Post-WM Raw show. New Day comes out. Halfway through a promo, you get that Italian guitar........... and we collectively mark.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Will there be an NXT Title match at Wrestlemania? There should be.

Balor vs Joe should be the match, but since they are running the title match at NXT: Dallas, it's not happening.

But they could run an NXT Angle around WM so that it could happen.

Joe wins the title from Balor at Takeover on Friday. Balor doesn't do the Demon gimmick though. Over the course of Saturday, run an angle at Access where Joe declares he done everything that can possibly be done at NXT and it's time to put "the minor leagues" behind him. He makes a public appeal to Vince to join the main roster.

HHH catches wind of this. Via a special statement on Saturday night (live at Access or via WWE.com) he states that while Vince runs the main roster, HHH runs NXT and he takes Joe's comments as a personal slight, as does the rest of NXT.

HHH announces that Balor is using his rematch clause, and the match will be at Wrestlemania.

Balor gets to do the full Demon entrance on the biggest stage. Joe loses the belt and joins the main roster with a chip on his shoulder toward HHH. NXT gets unheard of exposure.

I think it's possible to book a re-match onto the Wrestlemania card, but I think the way you're written it there is terrible.

However, I think it's better if you just keep it all separate. No need for the cross over. You've got Zayn's farewell, and this could be Joe's too. Zayn salutes the crowd, and Joe shakes Bálor's hand after the match. Don't need to do anything bigger, it has more than enough impact from just being what it is.

Also, Bálor's entrance should be saved for after his debut. It's somewhat wasted when part of the audience won't know who he is, and so much more impact is had when you've already built him up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad