"News Article": Dave Lozo's Experience Covering John Tortorella

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
http://davelozo.tumblr.com/post/51833408147/one-mans-perspective-on-dealing-with-john-tortorella

I didn't want to use the actual "news article" tag, because calling this news, or an article for that matter, would be a disgrace to those two words.

You all know I was a big hater of Torts, but for some reason I actually found myself siding with Tortorella after reading this.

To me, Lozo just sounds like a child festering a wound. I bet Tortorella has no second thoughts about the NY Media, yet guys like Lozo (and probably Pat Leonard, Brooks) will hold a grudge forever.

This just continues to fuel my hate for the current guys on the Rangers beat.

What's the old saying? Those who can, do; those who can't, write?

My favorite part:

A big part of Tortorella’s problem was he always believed he was the smartest guy in the room during a press conference, when really he was never in the top 10.

It's no wonder Lozo isn't affiliated with a major publication.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'm not a fan of the media. I can not stand Brooks. The rest of the Rangers beat (Zip, Gross, Leonard, etc) are fine by me though. The NY media were not responsible for Torts acting like a jerk all the time. He acted that way to media before he came to NY. He acted that way to Sam Rosen who is one of the nicest guys around. Renney did not act like a jerk. Whether you like Torts or do not like him it is pretty that he is who he is.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
“John Tortorella is a good guy, that’s just how he is with the media.†“That’s just who he is. He doesn’t play favorites.†“He does charity work so how can he be a bad person?â€

Those are three of the most prominent defenses of Tortorella, all of which come across as laughable.
Is there anything better than interviews with the neighbors of a mass murderer? A man or woman looking into the news camera and talking about how great that neighbor was. Oh man, he was so quiet and kept to himself, but he kept his yard really clean and never bothered anyone. He was a pretty great neighbor, all things considered.

The people he murdered, however, probably have a different opinion about the man.
The irony...

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
There's a reason that's on tumblr and not on any kind of respected media outlet.. lozo needs to get over himself he really sounds like a butthurt little kid...

I don't disagree torts was definetely the hardest coach to cover for the media but if they would have just taken a ****ing hint and not asked him questions they know he shoots down and doesn't answer night after night there would be no problem and nothing to ***** about

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad