News Around the League: Part LIII - Offseason Concludes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not sure if this was brought up in the last thread.

Penguins trade Sutter to the Canucks for nick Bonino, Adam clendening and a 2nd.

Edit: it was. I'm behind haha

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Sutter is UFA after this year, so I'm guessing the Pens weren't planning on bringing him back and wanted to get something for him while they could.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Who said that Matt Cooke was signed by Pittsburgh the other day?

I can't find anything that says he was.

It wouldn't make any kind of sense if he was. An old and broken down POS (and a THUG at that) that was just bought out. And it's not like Pittsburgh is even under the same management since he left. So I don't see why they would wanna sign him either.

I was gonna say if someone signed him, guys like Zubrus, Morrow, Jokinen, Gomez, need to hire his agent immediately!:laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I do remember the post, I just haven't seen anything to confirm that he really was signed by Pittsburgh.

I would be very surprised if he were signed by an NHL team, or at least in a playing role.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Frank Seravalli ‏@frank_seravalli 1m1 minute ago
Jake Voracek: 8-years, $66 million. AAV is $8.25 million. #TSN

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
That is a lot of money.

Man, for all the Flyers got heat when Carter and Richards won a Cup together in LA right after being traded out of Philadelphia, they got seriously good returns. I always liked Voracek and wasn't happy when he got traded to Philadelphia.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Think Voracek is great, but I didn't think he would get 8+ mill.

LAK should be worried because if Voracek gets 8.25 then Kopitar should get 10-11 mill.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
That is a lot of money.

Man, for all the Flyers got heat when Carter and Richards won a Cup together in LA right after being traded out of Philadelphia, they got seriously good returns. I always liked Voracek and wasn't happy when he got traded to Philadelphia.

It's very rare to see one core get traded for an entirely new core.

'Richards and Carter' in Philly became Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier and Schenn. That's friggin awesome.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yet their defense has sucked for years. They have the opposite problem we do.

Except they have defensive prospects almost ready and their forwards are matured...we're still a bit behind the curve on forward prospects and our D's a year or two away from maturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad