News and notes XXXIX: off-season schedule announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Her job duties basically consist of putting on a pig costume and shooting t-shirts into the crowd. Why she thought she could act as the team therapist or the organization's PR rep is beyond me, but clearly both those roles way overstepped her assigned duties and she (apparently) wasn't happy with the very obvious decision to not let her fill those roles.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Her job duties basically consist of putting on a pig costume and shooting t-shirts into the crowd. Why she thought she could act as the team therapist or the organization's PR rep is beyond me, but clearly both those roles way overstepped her assigned duties and she (apparently) wasn't happy with the very obvious decision to not let her fill those roles.
Yup, you were hired to be the mascot and do some social media stuff (with proper approval)...if you want to be the team therapist then apply for that job, but you don't just attempt to weasel your way into that role from another and get upset when you get called out or when people don't trust you (most probably didn't even know she was some sort of social worker). People who think they stand on some moral high-ground are literally some of the worst human beings, they rarely believe in nuance, very entitled, and can't be reasoned with

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
The most hilarious part of this whole rigamarole, to me, is that it's literally part of the mascot's job description to be silent, invisible, and anonymous.

For precisely these kinds of reasons. Stormy is not a person with opinions. Stormy is a brand embodiment.

Deciding to express your own opinion, any opinion, as THE AVATAR OF THE TEAM, is grounds for dismissal. It takes a stunning lack of self awareness not to know that.

"Shut up and mascot" is the literal job description.

Last edited:

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
The most hilarious part of this whole rigamarole, to me, is that it's literally part of the mascot's job description to be silent, invisible, and anonymous.

For precisely these kinds of reasons. Stormy is not a person with opinions. Stormy is a brand embodiment.

Deciding to express your own opinion, any opinion, as THE AVATAR OF THE TEAM, is grounds for dismissal. It takes a stunning lack of self awareness not to know that.

"Shut up and mascot" is the literal job description.
so while @Boom Boom Apathy is going to use "shut up nutjob", can I steal "shut up and mascot" as my go-to HFcomeback? lol

Last edited:

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
SO MUCH THIS.

So much. Like would you shame a player for not donating to X cause? Or for not "giving enough back?" Backes' Buddies was sort of his thing, the dog rescue. We know Slavin does big stuff with orphans. Kadri does children's hospitals. Oshie Does make a wish.

Why MUST a player participate in pride stuff? Isn't simply not being offensive toward LBGT people enough? Is it not enough to be tolerant and treat them normally? Or are we moving the bar again, and now you're a bigot if you don't engage in pride night, even if you're tolerant and see them as you do everyone else? I think we all know the answer here, don't we?

The contract is just THAT bad?

You know that Intersectionality doesn't work like that. It was never about "tolerance". Tolerance was merely the 1st phase of this long planned out operation, and we passed that one 15 years ago.

It is not enough to acknowledge and treat them with respect. Their lifestyle must be CENTERED at all times. Pride month? Not enough. Pride all the time, 24/7. This is weaponized perceived grievance, a powerful tool if you are interested in "dismantling" the system. You may wonder why Pride now involves relentless displays of drag queens dressed in sexually provocative clothing cavorting on the ground in front of children. They want the backlash- it helps drive the relentless cycle of pushing the Overton Window, and keeping us on the defensive. They employ these sad Twitter acolytes as shock troops to reset our OODA loops daily, forcing one to defend oneself against perceived "bigotry", and corporations to make unnecessary concessions for fear of some kind of Twitter backlash, ignorant of the fact that the short attention spans of the masses will inevitably lead them to a softer target after a couple of days of being ignored.

Hopefully she'll come on here like Sara did so I can dispense the medicine I have for her.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
You know that Intersectionality doesn't work like that. It was never about "tolerance". Tolerance was merely the 1st phase of this long planned out operation, and we passed that one 15 years ago.

It is not enough to acknowledge and treat them with respect. Their lifestyle must be CENTERED at all times. Pride month? Not enough. Pride all the time, 24/7. This is weaponized perceived grievance, a powerful tool if you are interested in "dismantling" the system. You may wonder why Pride now involves relentless displays of drag queens dressed in sexually provocative clothing cavorting on the ground in front of children. They want the backlash- it helps drive the relentless cycle of pushing the Overton Window, and keeping us on the defensive. They employ these sad Twitter acolytes as shock troops to reset our OODA loops daily, forcing one to defend oneself against perceived "bigotry", and corporations to make unnecessary concessions for fear of some kind of Twitter backlash, ignorant of the fact that the short attention spans of the masses will inevitably lead them to a softer target after a couple of days of being ignored.

Hopefully she'll come on here like Sara did so I can dispense the medicine I have for her.
Again.

NEWSLETTER, Where can I sign up?

Reactions: Negan4Coach

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022

Imagine being this entrenched in an imagined culture war. Go touch some grass guy.

"They". Who even is "they". The dehumanization of this rhetoric is frightening. And intensifying in these hyper conservative bubbles. It's becoming increasingly "Us vs Them". Take a history lesson ffs.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Man the 25th anniversary vid is....

I miss Chuck Kaiton. Like I'd pay to be able to tune in to an AM station and listen to a canes game as I make the run down 64 west from the Banks again. Those were some of the best times in the fall for me, coming back from an overnight of fishing, by myself, listening to Chuck call a game...

Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad