News Article: News and Notes XXVI: A Sisyphean Rask

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
I dunno, my feeling about the expansion draft and such is that one player will be picked. it's a dangerous road to start to throw bad decisions after trying to protect against the inevitable. make the decision on Necas independent of that sort of thing. if he's ready for 15+ minutes per night in the NHL, then call him up. if not, then let him pwn the AHL for the rest of the year. end the decision-making process there.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
And, it may be that Darling is still on the roster, but if he's pending UFA and not signed to 2021-22 there's a possibility he won't be eligible as the exposed goalie. Need to check that up to maximize pain.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Seriously, if there's one fanbase in the league that shouldn't have to inconvenience electrons to debate salary cap and expansion draft repercussions, it's us. I know we're trying to be like the other teams in the league, but we're not. By the time we have to submit our list, it will be 100 percent obvious who the protected players are to be, just like last time. And we'll lose nothing, just like last time.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
So in the calendar year of 2018, Sebastian Aho skated in 78 games and went 33-42-75.

That’s obviously fantastic, but almost everybody else has sucked major ass.

NHL.com - Stats
Sadder still but in the same vein of having a largely listless roster, check out the three former Canes' HC's records at roughly the halfway point:

- Maurice: first in the Central
- Lavy: second in the Central
- Peters: first in the Pacific

Funny what a little talent can do for guys like PM and BP who were supposedly siphoning offense out of their overly restrictive systems in Raleigh. ;)

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Sadder still but in the same vein of having a largely listless roster, check out the three former Canes' HC's records at roughly the halfway point:

Funny what a little talent can do for guys like PM and BP who were supposedly siphoning offense out of their overly restrictive systems in Raleigh. ;)

Not a coach. But to add to this mess, Jim Rutherford won 2 cups as well

Lurk Muller

Oct 11, 2018

I gave up on a couple other sites after getting tired of arguing with people that BP might not have been the world's worst coach. Maybe I'll go see what's going on over at canes country now...

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It's ok though, Waddell told us not to e worry about scoring goals. Otherwise trading away two top 6 players would have been stupid ..

To be fair, I believe that the quote was something like "You're always worried about scoring goals. I'm worried about winning."

Which I suppose was supposed to be taken as a positive take at the time, but just looks like a negative prediction now

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I gave up on a couple other sites after getting tired of arguing with people that BP might not have been the world's worst coach. Maybe I'll go see what's going on over at canes country now...
He wasn't by a long shot. On this board and others, it was "coach fatigue" I suspect but the narrative about him purposefully tamping down offense was always false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad