News and Notes Part 12: Malone scored enough to win us Hanifin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Gotta love google translate:

What expectations do you have for your personal deal on the upcoming season with Carolina?
- I would probably improve the score harvest and do some more bags.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
This "rumor" was posted on the Oilers board. The mods there were okay with it but...lol what the ****?

Last time I posted, the mods let it fly. I'm running on the assumption that it's okay still. If other mods or posters have any issues, please feel free to report/delete my posts. I texted my friend this morning asking for updates on Oilers situation. He replied by saying (and I'm paraphrasing), that the Oilers offered Nikitin + 1st in 2016 + Scrivens for Ward and Skinner. Canes were to retain salary on one if not both contracts. Ron Francis/Carolina responded by inquiring about Draisaitl, to which Chiarelli responded by inquiring about Faulk. Surprisingly, both sides seemed interested. Contract talks with Franson have stalled while both sides see if there is a deal to be worked out.

Again, take this with a grain of salt. I'm not yet sure of the validity of his sources or his personal integrity.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1927535&highlight=faulk&page=15

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
This "rumor" was posted on the Oilers board. The mods there were okay with it but...lol what the ****?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1927535&highlight=faulk&page=15

No. No, man. ****, no man.

200_s.gif

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I mean, I guess when you've been as bad as the Oilers have been for as long as the Oilers have been, the rules regarding BS rumors are a little bit more lenient?

I was surprised at how quickly that went from "A friend told me this rumor" to "Ron Francis has interest in Draisaitl" though. :laugh:

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Is it just me, or is there literally nothing that screams 'great' about Leon Draisaitl? Dude wouldn't have even gone in the top 10 in 2015.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
The "Ward to Edmonton" train has come up a number of times. He's an Alberta kid. Really odd potential destination for Skinner, which makes me question the validity of the rest. If there's anything they need less, it's young scorers who seem to have consistency issues.

However, where we cross over from hypothetical to complete bat**** is the Faulk mention. The effusive praise that this organization has lumped upon him at any given opportunity has been something of a coronation. He's the next face of this franchise. Likely the next captain.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Well considering they are already paying Ruutu and Harrison to play for other teams and you can have a max of three at a time, yeah this is easily ********.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
If Peter Chairelli would of actually of brought up Faulk into trade conversations I would of either hung up, orrr been like biatch gimme McDavid if you think you want Faulk.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Brody Sutter signs 1 yr 2 way contract

RALEIGH, NC – Ron Francis, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team agreed to terms with center Brody Sutter on a one-year, two-way contract. The deal will pay Sutter $600,000 at the NHL level, or $85,000 at the American Hockey League (AHL) level in 2015-16.

“Brody played well for Charlotte last season despite missing two months with an injury,†said Francis. “He brings a good skill level and is a big body at center ice.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad