Confirmed with Link: Newhook traded to Montreal for 31st & 37th overall & Gianni Fairbrother

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I wish Newhook, and Jost for the matter, well; but I'm glad they're both gone. Ultimately, if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. They were not the players we needed here. Doesn't mean that a team can't use them, or they can't be useful to another team it just means that they were never going to be part of the solution here. Their games were terrible fits for where their talent level allowed them to slot in here.
Add: Kerfoot.

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
He’s breaking out a season too late, if it was last year, the Johansan trade doesn’t happen this year and Newhook is our 2nd line center.

Wish him the best, timing just didn’t work out here, and overall I think we have centers this year that fit the team better for different roles then last year.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Yeah he’s got 4 points in 6 games! Of course he had 3 points in 6 games in 20-21 as well.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah he’s got 4 points in 6 games! Of course he had 3 points in 6 games in 20-21 as well.
Yep, 6 games is a meaningless sample size. His assist was a secondary PP assist, and one of his goals was a classic garbage time goal that he scored a few of here. But again, all meaningless numbers 6 games into the season.

That said, it shouldn't be a surprise if he ends up getting ~45-50 points this year, perhaps even higher if he gets PP1 time. He'll be given opportunities on a weak team he simply never would have gotten here. Although if he stays at Center I still think he's going to struggle as the year goes on.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I was told repeatedly this guy is too slow to play center and put up points.

Oops.
To be fair, the folks who have preached about him not being a centre continue to look correct. He hasn’t looked as good these last 2 games.

But yeah the skating thing has always been weird on here. I don’t know if the points will continue but he is and always was a high end skater.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I’m not ever going to lose sleep over trading Newhook. We all know the reasons why it was done, and I honestly hope he goes on to have a decent career.
Funny I swear some have a list of 50 guys they watch, either guys the Avs moved on from or guys they are pissed weren't signed or traded for. No context about how their roles with the Avs or with another team might create completely different results.

Thanks goodness RJ has scored some goals or else the whole JTC was better thread would be 50 pages long.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
To be fair, the folks who have preached about him not being a centre continue to look correct. He hasn’t looked as good these last 2 games.

But yeah the skating thing has always been weird on here. I don’t know if the points will continue but he is and always was a high end skater.
You're lucky Hench is MIA right now or else he'd come at you so hard hahaha

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad