Status
Not open for further replies.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Please don't shoot the messenger.

http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/

"There is a rumor coming out of the NHL offices that everyone was asked to come back in at 8:30 am this morning, following a late, late night of teleconferencing. The lights were on in the tele-conference room until 3:45am. I heard the first part of the night was a teleconference with 10 of the owners, then as we were about to get out of here the NHLPA called and had a teleconference that began around 11:30...the discussions were heated, but when all was said and done the NHL people involved were laughing and high five-ing."

Briannj1970

Jan 15, 2005
So if this is true they are back at it this morning...I sure hope so. I have heard several people saying that this week-end is it. I hope it is, this has gone on long enough, and this emotional roller coaster just isn't fair to the fans or the players....

I'm more tired of the roller coaster this guy puts us on :shakehead

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The lights were on in the NHL offices because the cleaning staffs were working in there.The NHL offices are located in a building with other different business offices

Stop reading this guy's crap

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
I'm not shooting the messanger, but if you look back in about 90% of his entires on there he says a deal is done.

And while I have no idea why I'm defending a person I have no idea who he is, IIRC, hasn't he said in the past week or so that it was going to be finished this weekend?

And in second defense, stuff happens. He can say something that maybe or maybe not was true, but something changed. That doesn't mean what he said was a lie, it just means that what he said was going to happen didn't for many different reasons.

And thank you for not shooting the messenger. Posts about Eklund's posts get a very touchy response around here.

Old Hickory

Da Game said:
I'm telling you. One of these days, Eklund's will get it right. :lol
If you throw enough stuff at the wall, eventually something will stick

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
LPHabsFan said:
IIRC, hasn't he said in the past week or so that it was going to be finished this weekend?

He's been saying for 3 months that it was going to be finished by whichever weekend was coming up. Go back and read for yourself. There a entry from like November that says "the players are offically ready to accept a salary cap" and that the season was going to start on January 8th. It's now January 29th and there isn't even a deal.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
He's been saying for 3 months that it was going to be finished by whichever weekend was coming up.
He is running out of weekends...this madness has to end very soon...everytime I resign my self there will be no season, this guy stirs the pot and says a deal is done, human nature for a hockey fan is to somewhat believe there is still hope...One thing I noticed last night on TSN when they showed Saskin and Linden leaving NY and reporters were asking if there was any hope, or any more talks scheduled, Linden seemed to be trying not laugh, and Saskin was smiling and not even looking at the cameras...do they know something? Or are they happy there will be no season? Food for thought...

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
blong7 said:
Linden seemed to be trying not laugh, and Saskin was smiling and not even looking at the cameras...do they know something? Or are they happy there will be no season? Food for thought...

I noticed this to, Linden was almost cracking up. Quite different from last Friday's "I am so insulted!" posturing. They definitely didn't give the it's over and hopeless rhetoric this time.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I heard the first part of the night was a teleconference with 10 of the owners, then as we were about to get out of here the NHLPA called and had a teleconference that began around 11:30...the discussions were heated, but when all was said and done the NHL people involved were laughing and high five-ing."

Look how detailed this is...he knew they were laughing and slapping each other High 5's? That must mean one of his sources is either an owner or someone high ranked on the NHLPA...unless the owner/nhlpa guy went around telling people that that at the end they were all laughing and giving each other high 5's. Sorry Eklund just dont buy it...again.

X0ssbar

I don't know if its the hangover clouding my judgement or what - but this morning I woke up feeling pretty good that this mess is gonna finally get cleaned up this weekend and there will be a deal.

...of course by this afternoon I'll probaby be ready to kick everybody involved in these negotiations in the balls again :mad:

Here's to hoping Eklund is right!

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I hate getting my hopes up about things like this. The most recent rumor actually had me thinking what if, as so many places were reporting a similar rumor. However it is because people want a deal done so bad that they eat this kind of stuff up.

His only topic of choice is a possible done deal. He has to report with optimism because if he caved in and said, "it is all over for this year" he wouldn't have anything left to write about.

He has gained quasi-celebrity status here because we all want Bettman and Goodenow to be shaking hands on a deal today, or the next, or the next...

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Eklund is a lying piece of garbage and I don't know why any of you bother reading his blog. It's obviously some moron making stuff up to get a rise out of us desperate hockey fans

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Devilsfanatic said:
:lol highfives??????
hahaha As if. I could imagine a bunch of owners attempting to high five eachother. I can guarantee there would be more than a couple misses. I can also guarantee that someone would get injured, probably poked in the eye or something. If we see an owner today with a broken nose or even a sprained ankle, we'll know there is at least some truth to this Eklund dude.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I'm not gonna pik on eklund too much , but he lost his audience after his ''Deal in Principle to be announced '' rumor went south on him .

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Briannj1970 said:
I'm more tired of the roller coaster this guy puts us on :shakehead
Its easy, dont get on his roller coaster. Its obvious that he's full of ****. Dont believe him and you wont get a roller coaster feeling of hopes and dissapointments.

Save your last shread of hope for when (if) the sides talk again (it'll be noted by a real sports-news source when (if) it happens)

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

Muleskinner

Jan 26, 2005
Marching to the sea
Hey TOP SHELF, I have had the same feelings about this all week. It could be that I'm reading too much EKLUND.....I dunno, but it just makes no sence that they would be willing to dump a whole season and string this thing into next year. All involved would not benifit at all. I just feel it's got to be close.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
If the talks had indicated just ONE form of cap, the players should take that. But the NHL has to know that 42 mil is really a false number if revenues dip because they cap individual salaries at 6 million but the crazier one is thr 54% one. It must be the magic number that guarantees under a $2 billion revenue pool, all teams will break even. Just have a hard cap at 50 mil, a floor at 32 mil, and cap salaries by individuals at 8 mil and it's okay in my book. Plus, limits to arbitration, lower UFA age to 29 and it works out decently for both sides. But why is it in this deal that anything that goes well or has gone well under the old CBA is considered a fluke while all the bad things are trends? If both sides don't stop this crap, there will be much less than 2bil to split up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad