Speculation: New York Rangers sign Vitali Kravtsov to ELC

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
For Rags fans, in a perfect world does Shesty start out right away as Hanks back-up or does he play for the Wolfpack? I can’t see him playing in the AHL.

What becomes of Georgiev?

PS Tell Shesty to tell his good buddy Sorokin to sign with the isles already so they can play each other and hang out in the same city.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
For Rags fans, in a perfect world does Shesty start out right away as Hanks back-up or does he play for the Wolfpack? I can’t see him playing in the AHL.

PS Tell Shesty to tell his good buddy Sorokin to sign with the isles already so they can play each other and hang out in the same city.

Agreed.. I wanna see Shesty and Sorokin battle it out for a long time in New York!

Reactions: egelband

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford

Think he starts out in Hartford. He already said he's open to it.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Think he starts out in Hartford. He already said he's open to it.

That’s great news for you guys if he’s open to it. Gives him time to acclimate to NA and also doesn’t put pressure on the team to play him before he might be comfortable enough. Something tells me he won’t take long though before he’s in the NHL.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
That’s great news for you guys if he’s open to it. Gives him time to acclimate to NA and also doesn’t put pressure on the team to play him before he might be comfortable enough. Something tells me he won’t take long though before he’s in the NHL.

Yup. And no matter where he is, he gets to work with Allaire, which should be every goalie's dream. He's a wizard.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008

He looked great in the KHL, but you really never know with goalies. Only looking at the numbers, but Samsonov didn't light up the AHL this year. Also, it will be tough going from a great KHL team to the lowly Wolfpack.

Will be VERY interesting if he's actually NHL ready cuz Georgiev looks promising.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

No one knows for sure. Georgiev was really good. He has a bright future. It could be a three-way situation where they recall one guy (Shesterkin or Georgiev) and send the other down, rotate, and try to do something like 40 games for Hank, 25 for Georgiev and 15 for Shesterkin. Or Shesterkin could look awesome in camp and the exhibition schedule and force their hand, and maybe they trade Georgiev.

The whole problem is that Georgiev at this point probably has minimal trade value, given the market for goalies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This has sure been a very excited last few weeks for Ranger fans!

Winning lottery, trading for a top prospect, and signing him and our other 2 top prospects in the system. Good times indeed.

Think we should stay away from the big UFAs. May put us on another path we don’t want to go on right now

Reactions: SML2 and Berserk

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
I don't really buy that he didn't want to play for the Canes. The defense is stacked and he wants playing time. Not only can NYR guarantee the playing time but they have obviously given the college UFA's every opportunity. Vesey had no shortage of chances and Hayes is about to cash-in big time.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

We have no idea! It's awesome and scary at the same time. Hank earned his contract. I know the best thing would be for him to move on from the team, but I can't fault him for not wanting to do that. He loves NY, he loves the team, and he loves Hockey. It's probably tough because he spent so much of his career being our backbone and after finally being competitive, we cut the cord to start a rebuild. (which was needed). He wants to continue being competitive. Again, I can't really fault him.

I'm not sure what was told to Shesterkin. Georgiev is still waiver exempt, for now.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Is there a reason why your posting your prospect signings in trade rumors and free agents thread? We all knew these guys would sign this isn’t news anyone but rangers fans care about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad