Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
giphy.gif

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
I think if all goes well, we're looking at a Yandle, Barrie or Shattenkirk type of player. That's a hell of a player and a very valuable one.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think Pionk should be gone regardless, but I don't think Fox will affect that at all.

It has to, unless Fox isn't playing off the bat (I think he will) or Pionk is used as an extra.

The only other options would be to Move/buy out Shattenkirk (which would leave us very small and inexperienced on the right side) or to trade DeAngelo (which would be dumb)

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The smart play would be to move Pionk now, get a good veteran #7 RD who can actually play and move Shattenkirk after a, hopefully, hot start to begin next season while TDA and Fox continue to grow

Reactions: Uglybstrd

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
It has to, unless Fox isn't playing off the bat (I think he will) or Pionk is used as an extra.

The only other options would be to Move/buy out Shattenkirk (which would leave us very small and inexperienced on the right side) or to trade DeAngelo (which would be dumb)
I don't know what happens with Shattenkirk, but I think there will be very few games where the RD is Shattenkirk, DeAngelo and Fox. Having just Shattenkirk and DeAngelo in the lineup was tough for Quinn because he tried his hardest not to have either of them on the PK and preferred not to give either the tougher minutes. Now add Fox into that? With Pionk, he's shown more willingness to use him in those minutes, which we'll need from someone on the right side. If it's not Pionk, it will need to be someone else besides those three.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Lol what good does Fatty do for TDA/Fox? He can’t play any harder minutes and must be gift wrapped all top PP minutes to get north of 20-25 pts. He shows up out of shape.

Who goes out to be hammered by AO when we are overmatched by Washington in the 2nd period when you have a long shift? Fox?

All this organization cares about are the overpaid free agents signings...

Reactions: eco's bones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad