Pre-Game Talk: New York Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 8:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Must-win IMO. Rangers without their top 2 skaters, divisional team. This is the kind of game where under MJ Lundquist would look like a God. Excited to see what we look like tomorrow.

Not so excited that I paid 75 bucks for a pair of Marlies/Baby Pens tickets and now they've called up every non-goalie I care about. Hope Sundqvist can help me out there. Although I'd prefer to see Porter...

Last edited:

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Our bottom 6 will need to continue to avoid getting hemmed in their zone. Would be nice to see Kessel dominate a game.

H382

Oct 20, 2006
Taking my son to the game, 2 rows back. Normally I prefer higher seats for viewing purposes, but being that close is cool to do every couple years and he's never been that close. Pretty pumped. I went to the Bruins game in December and I remember not even being excited to go at the time. Now I can't wait.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hoping for a 4pt night from Crosby.

They're without McDonagh and Nash.
We're without Malkin, Fehr, Bonino, Bennett..etc.

I'd say it's somewhat fair.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I really wish both teams were 100% healthy. I want more games, healthy, against top teams. I just have no idea where we stand right now...

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
So Malkin is still out? Damn

I hope Crosby can continue his IDDQD-mode, Hags is Hags and shows a trick or two around Rags weak spots and WBS guys still rock. Yeah and MAF, keep your head together.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I'm actually curious to see what Sullivan would do if someone did something like that to Crosby again. Errr, not that I want it to happen.

Getting hit in the back of the head with a stick fully deserves a punch in the head, a sucker punch even. How can a sucker punch be viewed any differently than getting nailed in the back of the head with a stick? Someone care to explain the logic to me? NHL brass?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Full health is never in the cards for the Pens. No question Pens are about 90% there as to the finished roster. JR will be looking but Rust, is doing what they need, Speed, puck possession and strong fore checking. Crosby line is looking better end no question the Malkin line when healthy was coming on. JR wants to see his team healthy to see what they can do.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Must-win IMO. Rangers without their top 2 skaters, divisional team. This is the kind of game where under MJ Lundquist would look like a God. Excited to see what we look like tomorrow.

With the Pens position, every game is must win. That's just the state we are in. But this is far from a guarantee. Rangers have been playing very well as of late and we are without some of our depth, too.

Sadly this little portion of the season lays all on #87 and #29 with a little bit of Kessel/Letang sprinkled in to help. Sid has done more than his amount. Fleury is going to have to steal some 1-0 games or at least do enough to get us to OT. Every single point matters.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
With the Pens position, every game is must win. That's just the state we are in. But this is far from a guarantee. Rangers have been playing very well as of late and we are without some of our depth, too.

Sadly this little portion of the season lays all on #87 and #29 with a little bit of Kessel/Letang sprinkled in to help. Sid has done more than his amount. Fleury is going to have to steal some 1-0 games or at least do enough to get us to OT. Every single point matters.

I'd say a lot of this lies with Letang as well. They need him healthy and playing really well for the sake of the offence and the defense. It's those three right now.

Kessel needs to take a game over at some point (get on it, Philsbury), Maatta, Dumoulin and Pouliot need to play well and WBS needs to at least be neutral. Malkin needs to learn to make better decisions.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yeah, Phil's gotta be a bit more noticeable at some point here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad