GDT: New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils: Party spoiler edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Cory is awesome. He was probably the nicest player I've ever met when I went to his signing in his first year in Warren. Struck up a genuine conversation about BC with him and even told him to not worry because the wins will come :laugh:. He definitely seems a bit more shy than most athletes but you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer guy.

I'm glad that you met Cory and found him so awesome. In his interviews, he comes across as a nice, polite guy so it's great to hear that's true. Awesome that you got to strike up a conversation with him about BC and that wins would eventually come for the Devils. Cory's probably just an introvert--taking awhile to come out of his shell, but when he does really great; and being more comfortable one-on-one or in small groups than among big crowds.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
We have officially reached the point where I watch the Rangers broadcast as oppose to the Devils via Center Ice. Very sad. The Devils may have the most bush league commentary crew (as a whole) in the entire league. What's even worse is Dano was good in Johnny Mac's spot, and Mac sucks in that role now.

Christ, at least give me a mid-20s blonde as eye candy.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Mac sounds like an idiot. Daneyko sounds like he's constantly challenging people to a cage match at the next Wrestlemania, and Steve is a robot.

I remember a night two weeks ago... the Devils were 11 points out and the Flyers 9. On the Devils broadcast, Steve was talking about the race to the playoffs, giving all the scores of teams the Devils would have to jump... Then I turn on the Flyers game, and they are talking about where the Flyers need to improve to get better for next season.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
We have officially reached the point where I watch the Rangers broadcast as oppose to the Devils via Center Ice. Very sad. The Devils may have the most bush league commentary crew (as a whole) in the entire league. What's even worse is Dano was good in Johnny Mac's spot, and Mac sucks in that role now.

Christ, at least give me a mid-20s blonde as eye candy.

Here's my ideal team.. Gord Miller for PBP, Ray Ferraro for colour.

Let's get Rachel Bonnetta to replace Deb. She's 23 and from Toronto. She's currently the MLS's digital show host.

tumblr_m7f7p0o8xA1qiil66o1_500.jpg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Here's my ideal team.. Gord Miller for PBP, Ray Ferraro for colour.

Let's get Rachel Bonnetta to replace Deb. She's 23 and from Toronto. She's currently the MLS's digital show host.

tumblr_m7f7p0o8xA1qiil66o1_500.jpg

I hate Ray Ferraro.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
It seems like people are more consumed with the broadcasters, ratio of opposing fans in the building, atmosphere, etc than they are the actual games which explains plenty.

It's a basic and old criticism, however most that complain about the broadcasters probably wouldn't last a minute trying to do so. If ya can't do something ya can't knock those that are and as far as everything is concerned, nobody can broadcast here otherwise they'd be doing so.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
It seems like people are more consumed with the broadcasters, ratio of opposing fans in the building, atmosphere, etc than they are the actual games which explains plenty.

It's a basic and old criticism, however most that complain about the broadcasters probably wouldn't last a minute trying to do so. If you can't do something you can't knock those that are doing it and as far as everything is concerned, nobody can broadcast here otherwise they'd be doing so, so go find some other trivial thing about everything but the game on the ice to whine about.

I totally agree. However, you could say the same after we knock our own NHL players and I don't think anyone here could even play ECHL hockey.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I totally agree. However, you could say the same after we knock our own NHL players and I don't think anyone here could even play ECHL hockey.

Well we all like to think we could :laugh:

Seriously though, they would fall under the category I was talking about of being part of the game on the ice and not everything attached to it. If there are no players there is no game. If there are no broadcasters or fans, games would have a different feel and atmosphere, but would still go on.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
About our announcers, for what it's worth, I did miss them when I had to suffer through the Rangers commentary crew instead the past two games:( Our announcers aren't the best and I mock them a fair bit, but I'd probably find them more endearing if the Devils were a winning club. It's likely very difficult to commentate for the Devils in their present form. The announcers are pretty low on the list of problems with this organization.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
She's a nice gal. And I've also said she should come to the Devils now that she lives in New York. I mean she's Canadian, has to know something about hockey

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
She's a nice gal. And I've also said she should come to the Devils now that she lives in New York. I mean she's Canadian, has to know something about hockey

I'm sure she's a Leafs fan.... Now that she lives here you have to start the conversion process... Although it would be hard to her to choose the Devils over the Rangers given the current state of both teams.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Christ, who crapped in your milkshake?

I sincerely apologize for apparently ruining your day. I'm allowed to have an opinion here... and you act like I went to Steve's house, slashed his tires, and took a big steamy dump in his bird feeder.

I've met Steve several times. You won't find a nicer and more pleasant guy anywhere. In fact, he's a fantastic soccer announcer. He's more conversational and has good opinions and calls the game well. I think that's his true calling as opposed to hockey. Daneyko yells a ton, mispronounces names, words, and so on. He cuts Steve off all the time, keeps talking through developing plays, and on and on and on. Maybe he'll get better since he's new at this.

You are the one bashing other people at what they do, but I'm the miserable one who sees that bashing as trivially silly, got it.

Nobody is perfect at the job they do, you, I, Steve, Deb and the rest included and so what, we're human. I'm sure you would have no issue though with people on the outside, who have no idea as to the amount the hard work and hours you are dedicating into doing your job that you do to the best that you can, bashing the job you do on every tiny mistake you make.

There are more important things to put your energy towards than whining about broadcasters on a square in your living room.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
You are the one bashing other people at what they do, but I'm the miserable one who sees that bashing as trivially silly, got it.

Nobody is perfect at the job they do, you, I, Steve, Deb and the rest included and so what, we're human. I'm sure you would have no issue though with people on the outside, who have no idea as to the amount the hard work and hours you are dedicating into doing your job that you do to the best that you can, bashing the job you do on every tiny mistake you make.

There are more important things to put your energy towards than whining about broadcasters on a square in your living room.

Rectangle! I worked hard for that thing!

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Speaking of Rachel, how many restraining orders did she file against various members of the South Ward?

To my knowledge none. I was very shocked at how well that whole day went. The only small issue was when a security guard yelled at her for standing on the VA capo stand because stadium policy is only one person at a time.

It was also the first time we've ever hosted DC and not had a single ejection. Little fun fact there

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007

It's a basic and old criticism, however most that complain about the broadcasters probably wouldn't last a minute trying to do so. If ya can't do something ya can't knock those that are and as far as everything is concerned, nobody can broadcast here otherwise they'd be doing so.

Okay, so by that premise, this entire message board shouldn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad