Confirmed with Link: New York Rangers Hire John Davidson as President

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You certainly cannot believe the statement.

To be realistic, you need to take injury history into account. I am not saying one is better than the other, but one has been able to stay on the ice and one has not.

Subban's played 68,66 and 63 games in 3 of his last 4.

He isn't exactly a beacon of health either. Plus he can't skate anymore.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I think it is Fate that J.D. is back with the Rangers org. He really deserved a place in Rangers history in 1979. Thought we were going to win the cup at my ripe young age of 19. Yeah, I believe(d) in miracles, I am a Mets and Jets fan........need I say more? J.D. was absolutely amazing and NOW is his 2nd chance to get his name on a cup. Honestly, he deserved that as an announcer. Fwiw.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
so does anyone have more info on chris morehouse and marshall davidson aside from their relationship to JD? have to think there is a good chance that these 2 will be hired by the rangers because of that. so love to get any info or background on them. (morehouse is only 32 years old)

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
so does anyone have more info on chris morehouse and marshall davidson aside from their relationship to JD? have to think there is a good chance that these 2 will be hired by the rangers because of that. so love to get any info or background on them. (morehouse is only 32 years old)

Don't know much more other than what you can find on EliteProspects but Marshall has been with JD since the St. Louis Blues, scouting the WHL primarily. Morehouse is a former player that never made the higher leagues. It seems like he started off scouting the QMJHL part time for the Blue Jackets while finishing up his college degree. He became a full time scout for the Blue Jackets and eventually became the Assistant Director of Scouting.

Here's a recent video of Morehouse talking about the Blue Jackets' 2019 draft picks.

Reactions: egelband

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
JD was by far the most gracious person at the draft for the fans...on any team. He went around to all the fans waiting and took pictures and talked and signed stuff...maybe 10 or 15 minutes. Yzerman was a schmuck, just ran away and didn't acknowledge anyone. John Cooper was also incredibly gracious as was Chris Drury. All the ranger guys were awesome. Beukeboom said hello but didn't sign anything probably because it took me a minute to recognize him.
Lol I f***in knew it.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Lol I ****in knew it.
I'm always dubious when I hear of an ex-player taking a management role. The jobs are almost completely different.
Just because someone's good at one thing doesn't mean they're good at something else.
I'm not saying it's impossible or they can't grow into the role but the skills are a lot different.
I'd say the success of guys like Yzerman and Wilson are more down to their organizations and support teams than their unique abilities.
I'm "speaking" generally, of course.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He can be assistant to the director of scouting here

giphy.gif

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I always hated his guys because he was a devil... But seriously... He's a flat out jerk.
Back in 2002-03 I became friendly with a girl who was working with the Devils organization. She was the assistant to the player's team assistant. Basically what they did was meet the players need for tickets, travel arrangements etc.. She indicated Brodeur has unique requests and he wasn't pleasant to deal with.

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Back in 2002-03 I became friendly with a girl who was working with the Devils organization. She was the assistant to the player's team assistant. Basically what they did was meet the players need for tickets, travel arrangements etc.. She indicated Brodeur has unique requests and he wasn't pleasant to deal with.

well in his defense there is a good reason he couldn't just get tickets with his family sitting together

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
well in his defense there is a good reason he couldn't just get tickets with his family sitting together
Yes, I know and that's exactly what I was being told. I didn't want to come out and say it for fear of infraction. However, my understanding was it was multiple Women. He would do this thing where he would wave to the crowd and he would have to have a general idea where they were sitting so he could be like I am gonna wave to you blah bah and he needed to know the seat assignment and of time. TBH it's very impressive that he was capable of juggling so much.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
never saw an announcement but it appears that we've hired chris morehouse as expected...
K'Andre Miller, Zac Jones Open Eyes at World Junior Summer Showcase

Interesting
Morehouse is super young, says on eliteprospects he’s only 32

Elite Prospects - Chris Morehouse Team Staff Profile

(from K'Andre/Jones article:
"Jones' emergence has been a pleasure to watch for Rangers Director of North American Scouting Chris Morehouse, albeit a bit of an unexpected one."

not at the website yet
New York Rangers Directory

wonder if that is actually his title,
big job for an incoming exec to give to his son-in-law (per Hedger tweet above) ....

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Is the 'Director of NA Scouting' title new? I know Bobrov has been Dir. of Euro Scouting, but I don't think the Rangers have had an official head of NA scouting. Probably have had one before, just unofficially.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Is the 'Director of NA Scouting' title new? I know Bobrov has been Dir. of Euro Scouting, but I don't think the Rangers have had an official head of NA scouting. Probably have had one before, just unofficially.

it would be a new title/position just like they created the position of director of european scouting' for bobrov...given how great things have looked on the euro side under bobrov, it makes sense that they are looking to repeat that on the NA side.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
What are the chances this year he takes off his President's hat and joins his old buddy Sam in the broadcaster's booth to do the color commentary one last time. As a guest broadcaster for old times sake. How great would that be. I need to hear him say Oh-Baby! just one more time. Because I think with Kakko and maybe others, there will be plenty of Oh-Baby moments. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad