Post-Series Talk: New York Rangers defeat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2, advance to ECF

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I was utterly convinced the reverse sweep was happening. Wow.

Oh goodie, I love when dumb fans chant "we want ____" it makes it even funnier when karma pays them a visit 😂🤣
To be fair lots of people think a New York-Boston ECF is just straight up cooler.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Did nobody pay attention what happened in Boston the night before? This was about Celtics/Knicks. Lots of crossover between fans.

Knicks fans hadn't had a chance to respond, so they did last night.

Reactions: KennyWu

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
There really isn't anything to say about this series outside of one team has a good goalie and the other has garbage goaltending. You can galaxy-brain an entire season and it'll still all come down to if your guy stops the puck or not.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Rangers really need COL/BOS to advance, if that happens I think they go 8-1 or 8-2 rest of way. Its a way different story if they have to go through FLA and DAL though. I'd still lean towards them winning it all but it might be more like an 8-6 or 8-7 type thing

8-7 is impossible

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Don’t think NYR has a great chance against Florida. They were exposed at 5v5 again, their PP cooled off as the series went along, and they will be facing a much better goaltender. Shesterkin was very beatable all series.

Their fans were chanting we want Boston after the game because they know they don’t have much of a chance against Florida too.

This FLA team reminds me of the 07 Ducks. Fast, skilled, mean.

IDC what NYRs record was this season. FLA was the top team.

NYR games vs Bos this year we're a better match-up. FLA were all hard games.

The only way I see NYR coming out of a series against FLA is if the refs stay out of the way and let our guys match FLA blow for blow, and/or we get the calls and our PP is successful.

Either way, this needs to be over in 5 (doubtful) so we aren't limping into the SCF with a battered team.

Not saying Boston is a push over, but the styles of play vs outcome are in our favor there.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I keep seeing people complain about Anderson on the Trocheck goal.

That was deflected a few feet in front of the cage. You don't make that save, you try to get lucky and hope it hits you.

The 2nd goal, that's all on Anderson, but the other three, not so much, IMHO

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The Canes were the favorite in the East. We got this!
Panthers have been the favorites in the east all season.
Some of you guys gotta get out of the Metro every once in a while.
When is the last time mtero team made final.....6 years ago?

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Love the hot takes and diet cope from devils fans who've slavishly watched every minute of every Rangers game. Now you've seen what good looks like - the Rangers showed more heart and compete level in that 3d period then the devils did in 82 games.

The canes contested every game which is no surprise when the 1st and 3d teams with 3 points between them meet up early in the POs.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Panthers have been the favorites in the east all season.
Some of you guys gotta get out of the Metro every once in a while.
When is the last time mtero team made final.....6 years ago?
Metro always gets hype because big market NYR, and then the duo of Pitt/Crosby and Wash/OV. And Carolina's big regular season and balanced team approach always makes them a cup favourite too.

Dallas is a solid team for years and you have hardly any media people ever talking about them.

For those of you who arent Canadian, TSN and Sportsnet pecking order of hockey playoff coverage hype-o-meter is this:

- Canadian teams by far (especially Leafs and Edmonton McDavid gravy train)
- Pitt and Crosby.... from Cole Harbour NS for the millionth time
- Colorado and MacKinnon
- Washington and OV
- Boston and whatever funny stuff Marchand does
- NYR
- Everyone else gets as little coverage as possible aside from standard game highlights. Nashville can go 82-0 and Forberg has 150 pts and they still wouldnt show them often.

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
unbelievable pass by lindgren there, shesty really bailed him out (and cuylle who wanted to blow the zone)
If you're Cuylle, you're probably expecting that puck to go to an open point player, either by the Canes or from Lindgren. At worst it's probably send down low in a battle. Cuylle did not know Lindgren had other plans...

Reactions: Lua

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
You claimed it is only because Rangers have good goaltending. Rags also create high danger scoring chances with their possession.
They objectively don't.

So far through the playoffs the Rangers are 14 out of 16 teams in HDCF%.

It depends on if you're looking at a purely public model or not. Public data underrates the Rangers and overrates teams like the Hurricanes.
Link?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I keep seeing people complain about Anderson on the Trocheck goal.

That was deflected a few feet in front of the cage. You don't make that save, you try to get lucky and hope it hits you.

The 2nd goal, that's all on Anderson, but the other three, not so much, IMHO

If Shesterkin failed to block a centering feed through the crease like on the winning goal, I'd be pissed. When it has happened with Shesterkin in the past, I have been.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If you are a Rangers fan you gotta root for Boston. NY beating yet another Boston team in the playoffs would be incredible.
I'm not rooting for either of them. Play who you play. Win. Don't look foolish hoping you get a specific team and then lose. That's embarrassing.

Reactions: Lua and Rangers79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad