Post-Series Talk: New York Rangers defeat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2, advance to ECF

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
as an islanders fan who honestly HATED choosing either team, congrats Rangers

They embarrassed this Hurricanes "stanley cup contender", and they just sent them a nice ticket to salary cap hell. Enjoy the ride Carolina. And to whomever gets Rod, good luck.

Carolina wasted their best ticket last year. And you know what? I do not feel sorry for them at all. Bye bye Burns.

Rangers fans 🤝 Islander fans

Hating the Complainiacs.

Mar 26, 2010
Andersen was never it. I never liked his game in Toronto.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Rod is beyond overrated, Canes should move on. Rod can join his fellow loser in Seattle.
He is definitely overrated. I have zero doubts he never wins anything in Carolina.

His messaging is old and washed. How do you let a 3-1 third period playoff lead go like that? Cringe.

No way that lockerroom thinks he's the guy to lead them to a cup.

JMHO

Great comeback by the Rangers.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
The Canes don't let you breathe and are a pain in the ass. The Rangers somehow found an extra gear in the third.
They were absolutely swarming in the first 2, and Rangers had nothing going. Canes are definitely not an easy team to go against.

I was sure this was going to game 7 after the 2nd, as it seemed most of the hockey world was. A completely different Ranger team came out in the third; and the Canes looked to be gassed as well at that point.

Reactions: bl02

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I guess wasting all your cap space a year before guys like Trochek are hitting free agency to sign Kotkaniemi because Bergevin called your owner cheap wasn't a good move?
Goes to show that sometimes these things take a while to shake out. Everybody was patting the canes on the back and laughing at the Habs.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Rangers really need COL/BOS to advance, if that happens I think they go 8-1 or 8-2 rest of way. Its a way different story if they have to go through FLA and DAL though. I'd still lean towards them winning it all but it might be more like an 8-6 or 8-7 type thing

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I guess wasting all your cap space a year before guys like Trochek are hitting free agency to sign Kotkaniemi because Bergevin called your owner cheap wasn't a good move?
If I remember it correctly, the Hurricanes chased after Kotkaniemi like a hungry dog chasing red meat. I recall reading about the proceedings and I never quite understood what made the Canes so crazy about him.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
or going with Freddy .....take your puck of ill advised moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad