Pre-Game Talk: New York Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres 7:00 3/14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Strongly suspect Skpaski starts.

This is a game where we should try some new things, especially re: the defensive pairs.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Strongly suspect Skpaski starts.

This is a game where we should try some new things, especially re: the defensive pairs.

Speaking of new (old) things, can we get Stepan back on the 1st PP unit? It's so incredibly obvious that he was the most stabilizing factor on the 1st unit when it was Brass-Boyle-Nash-Marty-Stepan. Get Boyle on the 2nd unit and keep Yandle out there for the whole thing.

1st:
Nash - Brass - Marty
Stepan - Yandle

2nd:
Kreider - Hayes - Zucc
Boyle - Yandle

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I want to see the powerplay not stand around. Try different combinations. Move your feet around.

Thinking Skapski should get this one. He's already beat Buffalol once.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Speaking of new (old) things, can we get Stepan back on the 1st PP unit? It's so incredibly obvious that he was the most stabilizing factor on the 1st unit when it was Brass-Boyle-Nash-Marty-Stepan. Get Boyle on the 2nd unit and keep Yandle out there for the whole thing.

1st:
Nash - Brass - Marty
Stepan - Yandle

2nd:
Kreider - Hayes - Zucc
Boyle - Yandle

St. Louis doesn't deserve to be on either PP unit.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Yes there are a few problems with the power play unit. Yandle isn't accustomed and vice versa, zone entries (MSL) and MSL.

For the love of god get MSL off the power play for now.

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
Talbot's red hot right now but Skapski could use the NHL experience even if it's against Buffalol. Either one is a good choice tonight.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Sit Talbot against Buffalo and have him play against the tougher Florida team.

Bummer we have another back to back. I'm honestly concerned all these games to close out the season will take their toll on us to start the playoffs. If we play as badly as we did in the 3rd against the Caps in the playoffs, I can see us having an early exist. We were lucky we held the lead against the Caps, but that was about as bad of a period as I've ever seen from us this season, and it was clear we were damn exhausted. I'm really concerned we're just going to be exhausted stumbling into the playoffs.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
Start Skapski, and go crazy with defensive pairs: put McDonagh on the right and left side, but Staal and Girardi together, try Boyle and McDonagh, Yandle and Hunwick Yandle and Boyle, you name it. Buffalol is a perfect team to experiment on.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Yes there are a few problems with the power play unit. Yandle isn't accustomed and vice versa, zone entries (MSL) and MSL.

For the love of god get MSL off the power play for now.

Heard the same thing last year when he didn't score a goal in forever and everyone said he was done and everythink like that. What did he do for this team in the playoffs again? He's a HoF player you let him work through his slumps. The Rangers are the best team in the NHL and whoever you throw out there in place of MSL is going to really screw up the PP when they go into a slump as all player will do.

No panic. Get Stepan out there to facilitate and just plant MSL on the right circle to launch one-timers like they did early this year.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
heard the same thing last year when he didn't score a goal in forever and everyone said he was done and everythink like that. What did he do for this team in the playoffs again? He's a hof player you let him work through his slumps. The rangers are the best team in the nhl and whoever you throw out there in place of msl is going to really screw up the pp when they go into a slump as all player will do.

No panic. Get stepan out there to facilitate and just plant msl on the right circle to launch one-timers like they did early this year.

thank you!

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'd love to see them switch to a 1-3-1 set up on the powerplay. Let Yandle run that point like it's his *****.

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York

1st:
Nash - Brass - Marty
Stepan - Yandle

2nd:
Kreider - Hayes - Zucc
Boyle - Yandle

I want to see this:

Stepan - Nash - Brassard
Boyle - Yandle

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Thrilled we traded for Sheppard to ship him to the press box for good after two games.

AV... This might be the only thing I really don't understand your thought process on.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Pretty sure we could play Zucc in net and still have a good chance of winning. So it seems like a no-brainer to give Talbot a night off. 17 of last 18 games, Talbot has started in them.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Thrilled we traded for Sheppard to ship him to the press box for good after two games.

AV... This might be the only thing I really don't understand your thought process on.

And the fact that we're winning with Glass doesn't make it okay. We're winning despite still having him in the lineup.

Imagine how much better we'd be if he wasn't there?

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Heard the same thing last year when he didn't score a goal in forever and everyone said he was done and everythink like that. What did he do for this team in the playoffs again? He's a HoF player you let him work through his slumps. The Rangers are the best team in the NHL and whoever you throw out there in place of MSL is going to really screw up the PP when they go into a slump as all player will do.

No panic. Get Stepan out there to facilitate and just plant MSL on the right circle to launch one-timers like they did early this year.

Big difference from last year. MSL was good at dispensing the puck, decent on zone entries, you could see the offense/goals would come. Fast foward to this year and the opposite is true. He can't gain the zone, he can't pass and keep possession on the power play. He doesn't look good. I am not panicking in the least, I just think he needs to be taken off the power play for now. He hasn't deserved the billing this year.

I understand he is a HOF'er but he isn't playing very well at all. He's already had 2 long slumps. If he was making plays and playing well and goals didn't come, like Nash last year, I am fine with that. This isn't the case.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
And the fact that we're winning with Glass doesn't make it okay. We're winning despite still having him in the lineup.

Imagine how much better we'd be if he wasn't there?

With all the goals we scored in February and the fact that we have given up 5 goals over the last 5 games to 4 of the best teams in the NHL... How much better can you get? I dislike Glass as much as anyone but at this point it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad