Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Los Angeles Kings |Game 1| 6/4/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
You know that they are aerobically fit, but a couple of those guys look like they could be your neighbors.

As a hockey player, you want to be lean. Can't be carrying excess muscle mass that serves no purpose. Unless of course, you're Rick DiPietro. :D Dude was jacked as a goalie.

Last edited by a moderator:

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
You know that they are aerobically fit, but a couple of those guys look like they could be your neighbors.

Not my neighbors. My neighbors are all at least 50 pounds overweight

Cobra Jack*

This two day off wait is absolutely killing me.

Yeah I don't really understand it. I happen to be off these 2 friggin days, too, and no game to watch. I'd really rather they just play the game tonight, especially after such a heart-breaking loss.

The worst part about it is I have to read all over just how wonderful the Kings are for an extra day, which may as well be an extra year. That's how it feels. I wish we could have won that last game just so I could get a break from all the "Kings are the greatest most resilient team ever" and what a hero Justin Williams is (barf).

Hope the Rangers win Game 2 by a 5-1 score or something like that. We could all use a game like that.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
To be fair we did have a 2 goal lead and then let up three unanswered.

Is an overtime goal considered "unanswered"? I've often wondered.....

I vote no, since it's not possible to "answer" an OT goal.

What say you?

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
If we lose Game 2, what are the odds we take both our home games?

I believe How you lose the game is significant.

If the two teams battle even throughout most of the game and the Kings score a fluke OT goal then pulling out the series is still possible.

If however, the Kings blow the Rangers out or come from 2 goals behind to win then I view the series more problematic.

I viewed the loss in the first game as more than just a close OT loss. The Kings controlled the 2nd half of the game which is a concern to me. Were the Rangers tired or are the Kings just better? We might find out in game 2.

Odds winning both homes games around 30%?

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Shots attempted {discounting blocked shots} from Game 1. Kings didn't surpass us until the end of the 3rd. Total shots attempted were 63-64 for both teams. We missed the net on like 30 attempts. Same 3rd period as Game 2 ECF: Montreal dominated possession & racked up SOG totals, but had mostly shots up high and to the outside. Hagelin had the best scoring chance for either team.

0dzQPDj.png

Last edited:

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
two days off would've made sense for the travel back to NY. But I assume there are other reasons for the schedule.

I would assume it was to allow for the media day on Tuesday and also give everyone in the media (and the fans) a chance to get to LA. I'm sure the league wanted to build up the excitement for the Finals.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
That TMZ video I love that Hags did the let me look busy on my phone to avoid this thing. I would have done the same,haha

Cobra Jack*

Do you guys think we have a chance to really still win this series? I am really scared going 6 or 7 games against this team. I thought we could beat them IF we won it in 4 or 5 games. That's why I feel like game 1 was so huge. Now, even if we come back, it's most likely going 6 or 7. There's no way we're winning 4 in a row vs. these guys.

How on Earth can we beat this team in 7 games? They just won 3 game 7's on the road in a row, I feel like we'd have no chance in 7. I'm freaking out, sorry. I wish game 2 would start already. I wish this series would just be over, one way or another. :(

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
Do you guys think we have a chance to really still win this series? I am really scared going 6 or 7 games against this team. I thought we could beat them IF we won it in 4 or 5 games. That's why I feel like game 1 was so huge. Now, even if we come back, it's most likely going 6 or 7. There's no way we're winning 4 in a row vs. these guys.

How on Earth can we beat this team in 7 games? They just won 3 game 7's on the road in a row, I feel like we'd have no chance in 7. I'm freaking out, sorry. I wish game 2 would start already. I wish this series would just be over, one way or another. :(

Dude.

Calm down. Seriously.

Take a giant deep deep DEEP breath and calm down.

I have followed this team since the mid 80's. Not as long as some here, but certainly longer than some here. Would I be off base to say you are in your early to mid 20's?

Whether I am correct or not as to your age, I used to be like you. I used to constantly worry and think about every minute detail of every playoff game. On days in between I would think about what the Rangers could/should have done.

As I got older I came to a realization:

It isn't worth it. Does it mean I love this team any less? Hell no.

Try not to worry and just enjoy the ride. These times come along so rarely I don't see the point in worrying about the outcome. Of course I want them to win, it would be amazing. If they fall short? That is OK too.

Don't worry so much that it takes away from what should be (win or lose) something you should be enjoying.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
^ I agree with Blue425. Just enjoy these games, win or lose. After all, it's just entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less. 4 wins away from a Stanley Cup is farther than many many teams ever get.

Can we win this series? Abso forking lutely. It isn't going to be easy, but then again, no Stanley Cup win is ever easy. We've won exactly the same number of series-clinching games as LA, so no worries. We CAN do this. LGR!!!!! :yo:

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Yeah I don't really understand it. I happen to be off these 2 friggin days, too, and no game to watch. I'd really rather they just play the game tonight, especially after such a heart-breaking loss.

The worst part about it is I have to read all over just how wonderful the Kings are for an extra day, which may as well be an extra year. That's how it feels. I wish we could have won that last game just so I could get a break from all the "Kings are the greatest most resilient team ever" and what a hero Justin Williams is (barf).

Hope the Rangers win Game 2 by a 5-1 score or something like that. We could all use a game like that.
Perfectly said. I would rather listen to a Crosby love-fest than this Kings worship bull ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad