Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Los Angeles Kings |Game 1| 6/4/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Dude.

Calm down. Seriously.

Take a giant deep deep DEEP breath and calm down.

I have followed this team since the mid 80's. Not as long as some here, but certainly longer than some here. Would I be off base to say you are in your early to mid 20's?

Whether I am correct or not as to your age, I used to be like you. I used to constantly worry and think about every minute detail of every playoff game. On days in between I would think about what the Rangers could/should have done.

As I got older I came to a realization:

It isn't worth it. Does it mean I love this team any less? Hell no.

Try not to worry and just enjoy the ride. These times come along so rarely I don't see the point in worrying about the outcome. Of course I want them to win, it would be amazing. If they fall short? That is OK too.

Don't worry so much that it takes away from what should be (win or lose) something you should be enjoying.

Well said!!!:handclap:

Fans--including the most committed ones--have to remember that no matter what we do, we have no real control over the outcome, that's up to the players. All we can do is hang on and enjoy the ride. Win or lose, I'll be back next year chanting LGR!!

It's a beautiful day and tomorrow is supposed to be just as nice. I'd strongly suggest that everyone go out and enjoy the day (wear a Ranger hat or more--I saw a man in his 70s on Wednesday walking down a street in my neighborhood dressed from head to toe in Ranger gear--we saw each other, nodded and each said Let's Go Rangers as we walked by--it was very cute).

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
Well said!!!:handclap:

Fans--including the most committed ones--have to remember that no matter what we do, we have no real control over the outcome, that's up to the players. All we can do is hang on and enjoy the ride. Win or lose, I'll be back next year chanting LGR!!

It's a beautiful day and tomorrow is supposed to be just as nice. I'd strongly suggest that everyone go out and enjoy the day (wear a Ranger hat or more--I saw a man in his 70s on Wednesday walking down a street in my neighborhood dressed from head to toe in Ranger gear--we saw each other, nodded and each said Let's Go Rangers as we walked by--it was very cute).

I don't know where you are in Brooklyn, but I am meeting a couple of friends at Windy City in Bay Ridge tomorrow if your in the hood'.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Do you guys think we have a chance to really still win this series? I am really scared going 6 or 7 games against this team. I thought we could beat them IF we won it in 4 or 5 games. That's why I feel like game 1 was so huge. Now, even if we come back, it's most likely going 6 or 7. There's no way we're winning 4 in a row vs. these guys.

How on Earth can we beat this team in 7 games? They just won 3 game 7's on the road in a row, I feel like we'd have no chance in 7. I'm freaking out, sorry. I wish game 2 would start already. I wish this series would just be over, one way or another. :(

Sign me up now for a Game 7!

LGR!!!!

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Game 1 Heatmap Stats.

7NxUlDH.png

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
These series are insane. Any team can win. Pittsburgh(2009) and Boston(2011) dropped the first two games on the road in their finals. They won games 3 and 4 at home. Lost game 5 on the road. Won game 6 at home. Won game 7 on the road. The Hawks lost game 3 in Boston and were trailing in the series 2-1 heading into game 4 on the road. They were horrible in game 3. 2013 finals. The Hawks won 3 straight games. The Rangers need to come out and play much better. Lundqvist was solid. Hagelin was their best forward. McDonagh was their best D. They need more from their other players and it is still a game they could have won with the bounce of a puck. Stepan and Kreider need to be better. Stepan said he spoke with Kreider about both of them needing to be better. Maybe they get Nash going. Richards needs to be much better. Brassard and Zuccarello need to be better. Staal and Girardi need to be better. Moore will be back. 3 pairs on D. MSL needs to finish on his opportunities. 2nd period PP. Stepan set him up and Marty misses the shot. Third period late in the game. He needs to finish right there. Hagelin should have gone forehand to backhand on his 3rd period SH breakaway. Hagelin beat Tokarski on the backhand 5 hole. Quick stopped the first SHG opportunity but it bounced into the net off Voynov. Zuccarello had a really good chance in the 2nd period on the PP. When the Rangers are leading 2-0,MSL and Moore didn't connect. Tap in. Stepan turns the puck over. Staal doesn't get to Clifford. 2-1. Stepan doesn't turn the puck over like that. The 4th line needs to be better. Just play.

lJuicel

Feb 1, 2010
St. John's
What's that old saying ? It's not a series til the home team loses a game. Losing game 1 did sting, but dropping both in LA isn't the end of the world. Hold court at home and it means an all or nothing game 7 and if you gave me that going in I'd be fine with it.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
What's that old saying ? It's not a series til the home team loses a game. Losing game 1 did sting, but dropping both in LA isn't the end of the world. Hold court at home and it means an all or nothing game 7 and if you gave me that going in I'd be fine with it.

Not really applicable in hockey IMO. Especially with the rangers mediocre home record...

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
These series are insane. Any team can win. Pittsburgh(2009) and Boston(2011) dropped the first two games on the road in their finals. They won games 3 and 4 at home. Lost game 5 on the road. Won game 6 at home. Won game 7 on the road. The Hawks lost game 3 in Boston and were trailing in the series 2-1 heading into game 4 on the road. They were horrible in game 3. 2013 finals. The Hawks won 3 straight games. The Rangers need to come out and play much better. Lundqvist was solid. Hagelin was their best forward. McDonagh was their best D. They need more from their other players and it is still a game they could have won with the bounce of a puck. Stepan and Kreider need to be better. Stepan said he spoke with Kreider about both of them needing to be better. Maybe they get Nash going. Richards needs to be much better. Brassard and Zuccarello need to be better. Staal and Girardi need to be better. Moore will be back. 3 pairs on D. MSL needs to finish on his opportunities. 2nd period PP. Stepan set him up and Marty misses the shot. Third period late in the game. He needs to finish right there. Hagelin should have gone forehand to backhand on his 3rd period SH breakaway. Hagelin beat Tokarski on the backhand 5 hole. Quick stopped the first SHG opportunity but it bounced into the net off Voynov. Zuccarello had a really good chance in the 2nd period on the PP. When the Rangers are leading 2-0,MSL and Moore didn't connect. Tap in. Stepan turns the puck over. Staal doesn't get to Clifford. 2-1. Stepan doesn't turn the puck over like that. The 4th line needs to be better. Just play.

Haven't seen him since early May.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
No one remembers when champions struggled. They only remember the glory moments. Great bit here RangerBoy.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
I can't get mad right now. Down 1-0 and losing blowing a 2 game lead is disappointing. This is this most successful Rangers team I've witnessed. I was 3 for the 94 run. I won't pretend to remember what was going on. My earliest Rangers memory was listening to a game against the Flyers on the radio when I was 5 or 6. May have been 97 playoffs now that I think about it because it was nice out. The number one reason I want this cup this year is for Lundqvist, the guy will be the greatest Ranger I will witness in my life. We've all become so spoiled because we can talk about how he was average in a 40+ save effort, where we are outshot 20-3 in the 3rd, yet Lundqvist didn't flinch.

I do believe Game 2 isn't a must win, but it's pretty close to it. Would like to see Staal get back the play we are all accustomed to and for Girardi to bounce back after the giveaway. We need Nash to actually score, he's giving us some effort defensively but he's making 7.8 mil, he needs to score, same goes for Richards who has just looked so lethargic, I haven't noticed him in a good way since Game 7 against Pittsburgh. I think Zuccarello is going to have a breakthrough soon, he's too talented to keep putting up no point games. Hope they bounce back tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad