Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Detroit Red Wings - December 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I thought it was bad on this board when people were bashing AV for letting Vesey and Shatty shoot in shoouts. On Twitter a few folks are bashing AV for letting Zooks and Zibs shoot. Who do these twitter people think we have to shoot instead of them? Mike Bossy?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I thought it was bad on this board when people were bashing AV for letting Vesey and Shatty shoot in shoouts. On Twitter a few folks are bashing AV for letting Zooks and Zibs shoot. Who do these twitter people think we have to shoot instead of them? Mike Bossy?

What? Zucc is a phenomenal shootout scorer.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Maybe we should recall Lias he score in buckets so it seems and hot, and more important that Rangers reach the playoffs so if he can be ready on monday vs Buffalo. lol :D
(not too serious suggestion, but thought it was funny.)

No more u20 tournament - it will not happen though. :)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
What? Zucc is a phenomenal shootout scorer.
One guy said AV please stop putting Zuccarello in the shootouts. Goalies have him figured out.

Another guy said I don't know why AV has to put Zuccarello in every shootout.

I should have known better than to read some twitter fans :D

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Biron gives up that goal and it would have been post after post about how the guy can't shut his legs. But because it's Lundqvist as always everyone gangs the **** up on me because people have an emotional connection to the guy. I'm sorry, this has been a great bounce back season for him. He's been excellent after the start of the season. But in the shootout I say it how it is. He ****ing blows.
It's bc you are not good at analyzing hockey, you're not good at picking your targets to complain about and you frequently provide poor arguments to justify your biased rants. I happen to agree lundqvist sucks in the SO now. I also agree that after a game like this that you complaining about it to this degree is just poor posting due to bias. Unsurprisingly, people are annoyed w you doing it. Just as people get annoyed at some of the desperate goalie defenders here.. Instead of whining bc every1 is criticizing your failure to analyze hockey appropriately why dont you just stop providing biased, overdone, poor analysis. Analyze and criticize fairly. Or keep doing what you're doing but then don't be surprised when every1 tears apart your bad posts

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
One guy said AV please stop putting Zuccarello in the shootouts. Goalies have him figured out.

Another guy said I don't know why AV has to put Zuccarello in every shootout.

I should have known better than to read some twitter fans :D

The boneheads on twitter are the same people yelling "shoot!" every PP at the garden. Reminds me of my friend's brother who was upset that we got rid of Rupp and brought back Zucc. Albeit, this was before Zucc broke out, but you could see the difference in talent even then. People think that rooting for #toffness over skill means that they're tough or something.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hank kinda stinks in the shootout at this point but you can't blame him for last night. We didn't come close to beating Howard.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Yeah, I mean I agree with basically everything you say here. With more time to think about it, I guess what I want to see more is just variation and variety for particular players. Don't go slow every time, don't go fast every time. Have a few moves that you know you have mastered at your disposal that all come from different angles, speeds, etc. Basically to always keep the goalies guessing.

I was basing my opinion a little too much on personal experience, I was always one of the best at penalty shots/shootouts/breakaways at every level, Snowblind would've loved me as his goalie if we were teammates. I just know from personal experience the breakaway shots I always had the most trouble with was a player catching me a second late reacting to a quick shot either 5-hole or just off the post stick side as I'm moving back. Maybe I'm also thinking a little too much as in game breakaways vs penalty shots. Basically timing it perfectly so it's a split second before I'm expecting it and as I'm moving backwards. I always had tops reflexes and am a bit of a gumby so I always made/make (though at 28 my flexibility is waning) crazy desperation saves and such.

Yep to the first para~! My daughter always picks rock and I know to cover it up. She's almost 4 tho LOL Except Bishop. 5 hole every time and twice on Sunday!

I wasn't the least bit flexible. I had a very Tim Thomas approach LOL

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's bc you are not good at analyzing hockey, you're not good at picking your targets to complain about and you frequently provide poor arguments to justify your biased rants. I happen to agree lundqvist sucks in the SO now. I also agree that after a game like this that you complaining about it to this degree is just poor posting due to bias. Unsurprisingly, people are annoyed w you doing it. Just as people get annoyed at some of the desperate goalie defenders here.. Instead of whining bc every1 is criticizing your failure to analyze hockey appropriately why dont you just stop providing biased, overdone, poor analysis. Analyze and criticize fairly. Or keep doing what you're doing but then don't be surprised when every1 tears apart your bad posts

What bias do I have? I gain nothing from Lundqvist performing poorly or me saying that he's performing poorly. I even said he's having a very good season previously in this thread and that I'm only talking about his shootout skills nowadays. While I admit that I don't post as passionately when he has a good game, but I do give him props for good games, stretches, and seasons all the time. So what bias do I have? I've been accused of trolling and bias since I started posting here. For example, Lundqvist has a poor playoff performance in an important game and admittedly I go overboard but I'm told I'm trolling. It can't be that I'm upset about our goalie having a bad game in an important spot. It must be that I'm sitting there behind my computer petting my cat and laughing like Montgomery Burns because I want to piss off strangers on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad