New York Rangers and the Expansion Draft

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
There is so much wrong in this article.

Skjei is not eligible to be exposed. He doesn't meet the requirements for pro games and years played.

Rick Nash would be eligible to be exposed, as he has a limited no trade, rather than an NMC as the article claims.

The Rangers would trade Staal or buy out Girardi before losing a key player for the future like Skjei. It's absolutely nonsensical to think the Rangers would even think about exposing him.

Klein, Grabner, and Holden are the most likely players to be taken by Vegas.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
There is so much wrong in this article.

Skjei is not eligible to be exposed. He doesn't meet the requirements for pro games and years played.

Rick Nash would be eligible to be exposed, as he has a limited no trade, rather than an NMC as the article claims.

The Rangers would trade Staal or buy out Girardi before losing a key player for the future like Skjei. It's absolutely nonsensical to think the Rangers would even think about exposing him.

Klein, Grabner, and Holden are the most likely players to be taken by Vegas.
what he said lol.. horrible and no facts checked

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I have no idea why the Rangers would feel the need to protect Rick Nash (if they still have him) with one year left on his $7.8 mil contract. I wouldn't and I'm thinking Las Vegas would be kind of leery of picking that kind of a contract up anyway. To me that's a game of chicken.

And yeah--Skjei won't be eligible.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I have no idea why the Rangers would feel the need to protect Rick Nash (if they still have him) with one year left on his $7.8 mil contract. I wouldn't and I'm thinking Las Vegas would be kind of leery of picking that kind of a contract up anyway. To me that's a game of chicken.

And yeah--Skjei won't be eligible.

If you think Las Vegas would actually have a problem picking up a great player with 1 year left I have no idea what to tell you.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If you think Las Vegas would actually have a problem picking up a great player with 1 year left I have no idea what to tell you.

I'd hesitate before calling him great. He's certainly not worth the contract he has. He's not the first guy I'd expose but I wouldn't lose Stepan, Brassard, Zuccarello, Kreider, Miller or Hayes over him.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I'd hesitate before calling him great. He's certainly not worth the contract he has. He's not the first guy I'd expose but I wouldn't lose Stepan, Brassard, Zuccarello, Kreider, Miller or Hayes over him.

And that's not a decision that has to be made. Unless something radical happens, it's either you protect Nash or you protect Lindberg, Fast, Grabner, etc. Seems like a pretty easy decision to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad