Pre-Game Talk: New York Rangers(1) vs Pittsburgh Penguins(8) Division Semis Talk (read post 293)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Can't of OP but i thought this would be the best thread to try to find an answer. Does anyone remember the game where Sam called the goal and got REALLY hyped up for it? I figure it was a big game or a comeback goal or something but i can't seem to find it. I feel like it was recent aswell and not a game way back like minnesota. Anyone have a clue what i'm rambling about here? :laugh:

Think it was the McD goal against the Isles. Tied it 3-3 at the time.

He squeaked like a 12 year old boy. :laugh:

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
“@NYRangers: #NYR Update: Rick Nash has the flu and is not skating todayâ€

Just came to post that. WTF come on already

if this post season is derailed by flu and/or mumps again I am gonna be so pissed.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Just came to post that. WTF come on already

if this post season is derailed by flu and/or mumps again I am gonna be so pissed.

I am sure its a stomach flu, hopefully a 24 hours and he's good. I had it last week, only lasted a day or two.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@rangersreport: No word whether Nash will play in Game 1. Imagine AV will have an update around 1:30.”

BarbaraAlphanse

He will play, it could just be BS and they are allowing him another day to rest.

Another day of rest? He's had about a week of rest already. I find that far less likely than him actually having the flu. Players don't need rest the final few days before a series starts unless they have just gone 6 or 7 games. They can't be off the ice for too long or they'll get out of sync. These last few days are usually used to prepare the body and mind into game shape.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Another day of rest? He's had about a week of rest already. I find that far less likely than him actually having the flu. Players don't need rest the final few days before a series starts unless they have just gone 6 or 7 games. They can't be off the ice for too long or they'll get out of sync. These last few days are usually used to prepare the body and mind into game shape.

either way, I dont think there should be concern over if he will play tomorrow.

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
He will play, it could just be BS and they are allowing him another day to rest.

Hoping that's the case!

I had the same thing as nev about 2 weeks ago. Didn't want to leave the couch for 24 hours then felt fine the next day, other than a slight lack of appetite. I would imagine this is what Nash has.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
The fact that Sheppard is skating with Brass and Zuc leads me to believe he will play tomorrow. I imagine they would juggle the lines around if they didn't think he was playing.

BarbaraAlphanse

The fact that Sheppard is skating with Brass and Zuc leads me to believe he will play tomorrow. I imagine they would juggle the lines around if they didn't think he was playing.

We beat the caps in an intense game with Sheppard playing there...

WrathOfKreider

Apr 11, 2015
New York
Can't of OP but i thought this would be the best thread to try to find an answer. Does anyone remember the game where Sam called the goal and got REALLY hyped up for it? I figure it was a big game or a comeback goal or something but i can't seem to find it. I feel like it was recent aswell and not a game way back like minnesota. Anyone have a clue what i'm rambling about here? :laugh:

Could it be Kreider's goal as he ended up in the net against the Jets to give NYR a 3-2 lead in the third? He seemed to call that goal a lot louder than he typically does.

I'm also thinking maybe Klein's goal late in the third in that wild 6-5 win over the Islanders?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
He has an infant. Remember when Nylander's kids got him sick during the Buffalo series in 2007? He was pretty ineffective most of the early games.

He skated yesterday. Hope he's good to go.

park rangers

Optimist
Feb 7, 2009
NJ
I'm just now getting over stomach flu. It's been 5-6 days and apparently there's a strain going around as other people have the same thing. I'm in North Jersey and know quite a few others who have the same flu.

Hopefully it hasn't made its way across the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad