New York Post not reporting on New Jersey Devils anymore?

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Looking at all of the hockey stories in the Post for the last week and they are all on the Rangers and even the New York Islanders. Not one article on what is going on in Devil's camp. The Post going all the way back to the 80's would religiously cover the Devils with first Hugh Delano and then Devil's beat reporter whipping boy Mark Everson. I know we have the Fire and Ice blog for team updates and articles and I know it is a Jersey team, but I like reading different perspectives and additional stories and this bothers me a lot. Maybe its newspaper costs and they can't afford it?

sbresistor

Jul 25, 2007
don't worry, as soon as there is something negative to report on the Devils, those tools Larry Brooks and Phil Bondy will be on it

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
don't worry, as soon as there is something negative to report on the Devils, those tools Larry Brooks and Phil Bondy will be on it

Yup. Basically this should make you very happy as a Devils fan. It means there is nothing very negative to report about the team right now. I'm sure they're digging for something though.

NC107*

It's early in pre season when there is a story it will be there. That's what they get paid to do write a story that sells newspapers. As for lies, they generally were correct the Devils were in big financial trouble before sale. I am not trying to defend them but rather be objective within reality.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Probably better to have no press than the constantly slanted, negative press of the Post anyway. Especially considering the witch hunt they went on while we were being sold.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
The Post has no money, bruh. Can't afford to pay the tolls to send their beat writers across the river to/from Newark. Wonder if they've failed to make payroll too?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The Post has no money, bruh. Can't afford to pay the tolls to send their beat writers across the river to/from Newark. Wonder if they've failed to make payroll too?

My sources say that the Daily News is going to buy them and they did not tip the pizza delivery guy yesterday.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
If you read the Post and have a college degree your opinions on anything should automatically be invalidated. What a ****ing waste of trees.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It's early in pre season when there is a story it will be there. That's what they get paid to do write a story that sells newspapers. As for lies, they generally were correct the Devils were in big financial trouble before sale. I am not trying to defend them but rather be objective within reality.

Seriously; the cognitive dissonance and refusal to accept reality by some here is almost incomprehensible at this point. :help:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'm ok with the Post not reporting on the Devils anymore, but I hope everyone's cool with it if I still rag on Filip Bondy.

col_lg_bondy.jpg

Feb 2, 2009
Manalapan, NJ
I'm glad they're not writing about us anymore. Although it wouldn't shock me if they made up some BS article about us having financial problems in a few months, because they do stupid crap like that. See, the thing about the Post, is **** the Post.

DevilChuk*

Seriously; the cognitive dissonance and refusal to accept reality by some here is almost incomprehensible at this point. :help:

we going to do this in every single thread?

Again, BG, I offer you a more than fair deal. Find me one poster that acted in on one of the financial threads that there were absolutely zero problems and I will delete my account.

Just one poster. Shouldn't be too hard with the way you like to act about what happened.

giving you an opportunity to actually prove you were right as opposed to run around bragging about something that never happened.

talk about someone refusing to accept something..

apice3*

We have no more financial problems, so what do you expect the Post to write about? Hockey? Yeah, alright.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Klaus is a moron, and believes only what he reads in the New York Post.

klausc.jpg

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Sorry but I don't see the problem. I have not read NY pieces for years about the devils.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad