Rumor: New York Post: Flyers taking run at Max Pacioretty

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
We’re told the Islanders and Flyers are taking serious runs at Pacioretty, who has a club-friendly contract worth $4.5 million per that runs through 2018-19, but Montreal GM Marc Bergevin isn’t prone to dealing him in the East — if he’s willing to deal him at all after the roster freeze melts after Friday night’s games.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/21/nhl-must-meet-about-game-safety/

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
For Schenn? Hartnell?

*edit* Looking at the amount of Goals he's scored the past 3 seasons, Montreal will probably want a #1st as well. Possibly a prospect too.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
not buying it. who are they are they going to trade? Hartnell? the organization loves him and his unique skillset. The Flyers would need to send salary the other way. Hartnell would need to go the other way to make it work.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I doubt we have the pieces to make a move for Pacioretty.

I guess Schenn would be a piece but Montreal already has two young centers in Eller & Galchenyuk.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were asking for Morin either. They tried moving up twice for him this past draft.

Whatever the price is for him I fully expect Montreal to be asking for an arm & leg here.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Montreal would definitely ask for Laughton.

I think as far as prospects go it would be Morin over Laughton for them. If you look at their defense outside of Subban it's pretty old or average.

They have Tinordi & Beaulieu in the minors but both really haven't proven anything at the NHL level yet.

At center they at least have Galchenyuk & Eller as young centers who at least have proven something in the NHL at this point.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
More GPG than Nash, Gaborik, Parise, Moulson, Hall, Ryan, Vanek, D. Sedin in the last 4 seasons play.

Beats all those guys apart from Vanek and Nash in the last 2 and 3 as well.

12th in the NHL in GPG during the last 4 years.
12th in the NHL in GPG during the last 3 years.

Over 0.4 for those spans.

33 goals, 31 assists, 64 point average for 82 game schedule through last 4.

16 games/161 missed since injury.

So likely he is:

74 GP, 30 G, 28 A, 58 P~ for next ~5 years.

I like him, he would be a great foil for G.

Seems something may be brewing with rumours about Pacioretty and Kane, both 1LWs... but it could be just the media stirring due to an obvious hole.

Arm and a leg comes to mind though... maybe a kidney a well.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
More GPG than Nash, Gaborik, Parise, Moulson, Hall, Ryan, Vanek, D. Sedin in the last 4 seasons play.

Beats all those guys apart from Vanek and Nash in the last 2 and 3 as well.

12th in the NHL in GPG during the last 4 years.
12th in the NHL in GPG during the last 3 years.

Over 0.4 for those spans.

33 goals, 31 assists, 64 point average for 82 game schedule through last 4.

16 games/161 missed since injury.

So likely he is:

74 GP, 30 G, 28 A, 58 P~ for next ~5 years.

I like him, he would be a great foil for G.

Seems something may be brewing with rumours about Pacioretty and Kane, both 1LWs... but it could be just the media stirring due to an obvious hole.

Arm and a leg comes to mind though... maybe a kidney a well.

They'd need to move Hartnell if they're bringing in another established Winger.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I think as far as prospects go it would be Morin over Laughton for them. If you look at their defense outside of Subban it's pretty old or average.

They have Tinordi & Beaulieu in the minors but both really haven't proven anything at the NHL level yet.

At center they at least have Galchenyuk & Eller as young centers who at least have proven something in the NHL at this point.

i dont think the Flyers deal Morin or Laughton honestly. At least I wouldnt. I know that means no Max but I would rather stay the course. They are doing a good job at building up the prospect pool. I know there isnt a ton of depth yet but hopefully they are starting to get the idea they need to build it up.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I can see them wanting Simmonds+Morin.

I would love Pacioretty, though. Exactly what the team needs.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Everyone recall that the Habs loved Morin at the draft and tried to trade up. I really don't want to trade that kid. We need to keep our young stockpile of defensemen.

...:laugh: that's the reason I said they'd want him.

Anyway, I'm not sure that deal is the best idea, but I don't think the value is that far off, and it would probably be what it would take to pry MaxPac (and his sweet contract) out of Montreal.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Fine, I'll give them Hartnell, Mez and a 1st.

That sounds about right, no?

:sarcasm:

Seriously though I would like him here but not at the expense of what it would cost. IMO because of the team's youth we're still a few years away from being a legit contender. I don't see any reason to sacrifice futures (picks and young guys like Simmer and Morin for example) to make a push now. Just wait and try to get someone via FA like Bobby Ryan or similar.

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey
Everyone recall that the Habs loved Morin at the draft and tried to trade up. I really don't want to trade that kid. We need to keep our young stockpile of defensemen.

Yeah I wouldn't be ok with the deal if morin is involved. Simmonds + morin is the only realistic package the habs would be interested in because they do not want Laughton. The way I see it morin is the only D prospect we have that has a shot at being a #1, so trading him would be a mistake.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Good player on a good contract but like others have said, it would cost us too much. I don't want to see any of our prospects or draft picks traded away. We're not a Max Pacioretty away from competing for the cup. Keep on building through the draft.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
Wait, the Islanders are trying to land Pacioretty? They traded for upcoming UFA Vanek gving up their 1st round pick, they have below average defense and goaltending and they look to be having a miserable season. Not buying it.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
Dans le cas des Rangers, Bergevin exigerait en retour le défenseur Ryan McDonagh, un choix de premier tour en 2007 ayant appartenu à l'organisation du Bleu-Blanc-Rouge jusqu'en juin 2009.

he wants McD from the Rangers :laugh: , i'm pretty sure he gonna ask for a crazy return from us

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
Pacioretty is only 25- same age as Simmonds. So I don't get why trading for him would mean we're going for it now at the expense of the future. Dunno if I would trade Morin in a deal for him though.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Pacioretty is only 25- same age as Simmonds. So I don't get why trading for him would mean we're going for it now at the expense of the future. Dunno if I would trade Morin in a deal for him though.

MaxPac is a significant upgrade on Simmonds--and the type of player need. That's the reason you'd deal Simmonds + for him.

MaxPac-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Schenn-Vinny
Downie-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo-Laughton-Hall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad