Youtube: New York Islanders vs. Pittsburgh Penguins: All out Brawl [2-11-11]

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Refs should have tossed Talbot after the first incident and saved themselves a lot of trouble. Comeau is now a Pen though a lot of the players involved in that game have moved on. How did Gillies ever end up signing in Finland? I thought you can't fight over there.

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
All goes back to the Penguin fighter goalie breaking DiPietro's jaw and the Penguin bench having a big ol' laugh about it.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
All goes back to the Penguin fighter goalie breaking DiPietro's jaw and the Penguin bench having a big ol' laugh about it.

you think the Penguin bench realised that DiPietro's jaw was broken? The hit on Comeau was what started it (clean hit by the way).

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Refs should have tossed Talbot after the first incident and saved themselves a lot of trouble. Comeau is now a Pen though a lot of the players involved in that game have moved on. How did Gillies ever end up signing in Finland? I thought you can't fight over there.

To beat up Jarkko Ruutu, which he tried to do but Ruutu turtlet.

Also did this which ended his career here@1,58 mark.

3 games and 2 suspensions :laugh:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

I think Talbot got Comeau Shoulder to Shoulder.. This was more about the Isles getting fed up with other teams taking liberties against their players. Tavares called out the whole team that year after Phaneuf ran him a few times and no body did anything... Also the game where Johnson Rocked DP, Cooke ran into DP in his crease a good 3 or 4 times...

I was ok with all of the fights except for the Gillis on Tangradi, that shouldn't have happened like that...

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I really can't stand the Pens announcers lmao. I love watching this video.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

I don't think so...The fight between Johnson and DP was 1 on 1 and DP just got beat...

Cooke ran into DP the whole game with no calls....also their were other teams taking runs at Isles players and After Tavares called them out, the Isles sent a message...

Personally I like the fighting but to me winning is a bigger message and putting up 9 goals and a Talbot KO would have been enough for me...

Gillies went overboard which led to the Johnson Haley Godard fight...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I cant stand these announcers...the amount of garbage in this video ruins....

" that's like Bertuzzi Moore incident" yeah right, not even close...

Banana Sandwiches

Jul 18, 2011

The refs can't justify tossing Talbot in the first brawl. He got jumped and didn't fight back so you can't give him a penalty.

As a fan of neither team (I do pull for the Islanders at times) I loved this game. The Islanders were like that kid at school who got bullied everyday and th en just snapped and took it all out the Penguins.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
you think the Penguin bench realised that DiPietro's jaw was broken? The hit on Comeau was what started it (clean hit by the way).

Cooke running DP three times in one game back in October I think was the start.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
The refs can't justify tossing Talbot in the first brawl. He got jumped and didn't fight back so you can't give him a penalty.

As a fan of neither team (I do pull for the Islanders at times) I loved this game. The Islanders were like that kid at school who got bullied everyday and th en just snapped and took it all out the Penguins.

I don't think any of the higher ups would have complained if they'd tossed Talbot.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland

I think if Talbut would have just fought Martin this would have all been over. that being said Talbut would have got destroyed though.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This was such an enjoyable game to watch, I jumped in after the first few fights but it was just awesome watching the Pens getting fed, and their obnoxious announcers crying about it. I'm obviously a huge supporter of fighting.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Isles fans are nuts in this thread...Martin was way outta line for that attempted sucker punch, The hit on Comeau was clean, and Gillies made an ass of himself...Haley going after a goalie when he already won his fight simply because RD got his face pushed in by Johnson 1-1....what a clown car of an event.....though I do still love watching it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad