New York Islanders system flush with defensive talent

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The New York Islanders are starting to reap the rewards of high drafting and solid player development. After years of finishing at the bottom of the standings, the Islanders have developed a core of young talent who led them to the playoffs in 2013. More help is still on the way too, as the Islanders have quality prospects at every position.

Left Wing

The Islanders have focused mainly on defense and center in recent drafts leading to a shallow pool at left wing. They do have some quality prospects at the position though.

Taylor Cammarata was the Islanders third pick in last summer's draft after tearing apart the USHL.… read more

More...

Islander Prophet

Oct 31, 2010
London, UK
If Koskinen is playing as good as they are making it sound like, I can't wait to see him come over and play for the Isles!

He might be the goalie we desperately need right now

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Great choice of words for the article title. Isles d and flush . Pretty much sums up the present day squad too. By the time these kids are shutting down the opposition in Brooklyn JT will be playing for TML.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If Koskinen is playing as good as they are making it sound like, I can't wait to see him come over and play for the Isles!

He might be the goalie we desperately need right now

I was kind of surprised Koskinen did not come to training camp.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
I don't' put much stock in Koskinen's KHL numbers, considering Michael Leighton also posts similar stats.

lacunacoil777

Feb 11, 2013
There will always be a new generation of islander fans who weren't old enough to follow the last rebuild/our prospects are superior/wait till the future its going to be great!....as they say a sucker is born every day. Many of them will keep buying season tickets when we start the new rebuild with the picks we get from trading Tavares once he tells the isles he isn't doing any more contracts after this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad