Pre-Game Talk: New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 3.15.16 | 7:00 PM | The kids are alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Win and with NYR going on a West Coast trip we could start to close the gap.

Would rather have the 1 WC though.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Yep, 2nd or 3rd in the Metro is still attainable. They play the Isles twice, and they're without their starter for the season.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I feel like the Penguins have a better chance of lighting up Griess than they would Halak even though you could argue Griess has had the overall better season.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
If they stuck to hockey the last meeting it was an easy 1 or 2 points.
Stick to hockey this time.

JakeNBake59

WizardofFire
Feb 20, 2016
Crosby's back yard
Greiss was in net the last game in Pittsburgh for the Isles and got pulled. It was highly satisfying after the negative comments he made about the fans and CEC

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
I feel like the Penguins have a better chance of lighting up Griess than they would Halak even though you could argue Griess has had the overall better season.

Will Greiss even play though? He plays tonight and since he is a career back up I would guess he would have an even harder time playing b2b's than starting goalies.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Florida is all over the Isles with their speed, which should help us tomorrow night. Hopefully we can mimic their game and out hustle them.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Will Greiss even play though? He plays tonight and since he is a career back up I would guess he would have an even harder time playing b2b's than starting goalies.

I mean its greiss or berube... They'll probably run with the former as much as possible. The guy has 3 career nhl games.

JakeNBake59

WizardofFire
Feb 20, 2016
Crosby's back yard
Former Penguins goaltender Thomas Greiss caused a stir on Monday after making his debut with the New York Islanders at their new home in Brooklyn, the Barclays Center. After the Islanders’ 4-2 victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday afternoon, Greiss was asked how the atmosphere was in his first game in New York.

“It was fun to play (here), especially coming from Pittsburgh,” he said to Islanders Insights. “It’s pretty dead there.”

http://www.pittsburghsportingnews.com/greiss-pens-arena-pretty-dead/

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Id take Pens without Malkin over Isles without Halak. That likely means a date with Washington in the second round though, and Geno probably won't be back yet.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Eh, there's some things you don't say and that's doubly so when you didn't cover yourself in glory. It's proper manners and all that, also when your ass not being able to keep it together for a full 60 minutes didn't help the problem.

If Despres or Iginla doesn't talk **** about them, Greiss can manage it after a questionable season as the backup goalie where he got standard backup treatment.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Has Greiss had issues in the 3rd period with the Isles like he did here? I remember games where we'd be up like 4-1 with 5 minutes left and barely hang on to win 4-3, like he was some kind of adrenaline junky.

Regardless he's very unimpressive. He's big off the ice but looks small in net, and no aspect of his game stands out as anything more than average.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Gonna be interesting to see if the Islanders ride Griess out for the remainder of the regular season. If they do, I think he gets exposed as being no better than the average back-up.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Gonna be interesting to see if the Islanders ride Griess out for the remainder of the regular season. If they do, I think he gets exposed as being no better than the average back-up.

Hasn't he already been exposed of that? otherwise some team would have given him a starting job by now. :D

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Maybe, but he's played almost the same number of games as Halak with better stats.

Greiss - 32gp, 1SO, 2.25gaa, 19W, 7L, 3OTL, 0.928sv%

Halak - 36gp, 3SO, 2.30gaa, 18W, 13L, 1OTL, , 0.919sv%

The Islanders have the best stats of his career while the Pens got the worst since his first handful of NHL games. So if he falls back to earth it's more likely that it wouldn't be the crap he did here. :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Back 2 back convincing wins against the Rangers, without Malkin in one of those games to boot. If the Pens can beat the Islanders, they have my attention.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is when we should be pulling for them. They are who they are, time to pull for the underdogs.

Greiss isn't wrong. The CEC has been an on going funeral mass for quite some time.

Paul-Bearer-urn-Small.jpg

Right now, Geno's season is being mourned.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Greiss isn't wrong. The CEC has been an on going funeral mass for quite some time.
About that, the last game in Brooklyn didn't sound so loudly (at least on TV ...) as Greiss commented ... also Stegy said something about how much quiet the building was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad