Value of: New York Islanders helping a team win their first Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
I believe the Islanders will be in 11th place at the trading deadline therefore I'm hoping they for the first time they trade their UFA's. Maybe it's me but I believe most Islanders fans have one rooting interest come the playoffs and that's anyone playing Toronto so I want to help

1. Buffalo
2. Columbus
3. Nashville
4. San Jose
5. Winnipeg
6. Minnesota

Win their first Stanley Cup and keep the playoff drought alive. The package Is Leddy and Lee and we will take an expiring contract back to for salary cap purposes.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
tenor-1.gif

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Spite trades seems like a quick way to poor asset management.

That said, it would be amazing if we had serious spite trades each year. I can't think of any offhand other than what you'll see in fantasy leagues sometimes.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I believe the Islanders will be in 11th place at the trading deadline therefore I'm hoping they for the first time they trade their UFA's. Maybe it's me but I believe most Islanders fans have one rooting interest come the playoffs and that's anyone playing Toronto so I want to help

1. Buffalo
2. Columbus
3. Nashville
4. San Jose
5. Winnipeg
6. Minnesota

Win their first Stanley Cup and keep the playoff drought alive. The package Is Leddy and Lee and we will take an expiring contract back to for salary cap purposes.
Its just you. If you were serious, you would also include Barzal.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Trading Leddy would be a mistake unless a team is seriously willing to pay for him. Any other UFA that isn't going to re-sign by the deadline can be had by whatever playoff team wants him, no spite.

If Toronto wants to pay a hefty return to put Lee on JT's wing opposite Marner, we take it and laugh when they get bounced in the 1st round again.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto

1. Buffalo
2. Columbus
3. Nashville
4. San Jose
5. Winnipeg
6. Minnesota

You must think very highly of Toronto if your goal is to make us lose and 4/6 of your list contains Western Conference teams

Stanley Cup finals, here we come!

Reactions: enviSAGE

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I can understand trading expiring UFAs if you think you're going to finish out of the playoffs (maybe that should have been plan last year). But why this resentment for Toronto? Tavares was leaving the Isles, and the Leafs never even offered the most amount of money.
Strange that any NewYorker, would resent a UFA wanting to pick his "favourite" city to sign. Throughout the years in all sports hasn't the lure of New York City lured UFAs away from other teams? Isles lose one, and the world seems unfair for Isles fans.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017

1. Buffalo
2. Columbus
3. Nashville
4. San Jose
5. Winnipeg
6. Minnesota

Strong entrepreneurial instincts, dream big little one.

Reactions: Svengoolie

ninetyone

Jul 12, 2018

1. Buffalo
2. Columbus
3. Nashville
4. San Jose
5. Winnipeg
6. Minnesota

that blueline without Leddy?

And dangle the captain? doesn't sound like anything close to what Lou Lamoriello will do.

I can see them moving Eberle and Nelson (even though he's playing well, now) and there may be some interest Filppula, though it wouldn't surprise me if they bring him back next year. A cheaper Frans Nielsen.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
If Toronto wants to pay a hefty return to put Lee on JT's wing opposite Marner, we take it and laugh when they get bounced in the 1st round again.

We already took what value you had, Tavares is three goals shy of having as many goals as Barzal does points btw.

Reactions: Svengoolie

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
We already took what value you had, Tavares is three goals shy of having as many goals as Barzal does points btw.
Yea and now that mattews has a star C on his team to take all the attention maybe he will break 70 pts! If he dosnt get hurt again that is..

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Oh right, John Tavares is a Maple Leaf...

Thanks for the reminder sometimes I forget with all the other star players here.

How's uncle Leo doing? Plays a mean piano apparently.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Eberle ,Lehner,Filppula (likely waive his nmc) should garner varying degrees of interest leading up to deadline .

Isles could revisit signing lehner and flip as ufa's in 2019 if it makes sense for both sides .

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don’t think Leddy helps San Jose much. Lee could be interesting though. Maybe we could do something like Melker+Gambrell+2nd for Lee. Don’t know if that’s enough though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad