New York Islanders boast skill and depth at all positions in 2014 Fall Top 20

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
ryan_strome_ny_islanders_041114.jpg
Photo: Forward Ryan Strome is one of several New York Islanders prospects who will be competing for an NHL roster spot in the 2014-15 season. (courtesy of Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Islanders have a deep prospect pool and have now accumulated high potential players at every position. General manager Garth Snow has done a good job assembling the Islander’s pool with drafting and shrewd additions. Several of the team’s top prospects, including Ryan Strome, will be vying for regular NHL duties this upcoming season.

The Bridgeport Sound Tigers should also see a huge improvement this year. Most of their top forwards got time on the parent club gaining experience and now are another year older.… read more

The post New York Islanders boast skill and depth at all positions in 2014 Fall Top 20 appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
The bad news is that this likely will be the peak of our prospect pool. The good news is that the reason is because many of our top prospects are about to graduate because are playing for or will soon play for the Islanders. Strome and de Haan are almost certain to graduate during the upcoming season, Lee has a very good chance at graduating, and Pulock and Pokka have outside chances of getting to play with the big club. Our lone draft pick in the first two rounds in 2015 is the Flyers' second-round pick, and I sure hope we aren't sellers at the deadline this year!

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
thought the rankings were pretty good. i would have Cammarata and Graham at the bottom of the list, though.

Snow made some really good depth signings, IMO. Skille, Mouillierat, Leggio, Zolnierczyk, Brennan, Conacher. i like that he brought Gallant back, and Collberg should help too. i think BP will be tough to play against, this year. the defence will be inexperienced, but i think they are talented enough to be ok.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
As you know, last season went to three Bridgeport games when they made trips upstate. Earlier in the year it was good to see how Strome, Lee and the others were progressing before they were called up. Not so much late in the year, saw Pulocks's second game and no surprise he was just getting his feet wet and played very low key, plus the rest of the prospects were up with the Islanders. Definitely will be good to catch a few games this season with all the young defenseman and want to get a look a Collberg.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I'd feel so much more confident about this team if we can somehow someway bring in a legit top 4 Dman without having to give up much from our NHL roster. Every other area of our team (except coach) is either good or very good (and in JTs case, exceptional).

If we can get that top 4 Dman, then we are going to not only make the playoffs, but do some damage.

If we don't get that top 4 Dman, then we will definitely be in the mix, but I'm not confident about the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad