Pre-Game Talk: New-York Double-Header Mon. & Tues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I've never thought of watching a game at MSG. Great idea.

Have any of our posters taken in a Habs game at MSG? What's it like?
I did, about four/five years ago. My buddy and I planned the NY trip around the Habs game. It was just before MSG went through its major renovations, so I saw the place in all its dingy glory, with its old corridors and classic photographs, and the main arena's mauve and teal seats. Man... the events that have taken place there. We had a blast, joked around with a few diehard Rangers fans before and during the game. The ice has a weird yellowy tint, giving it a sepia tone that somehow fits the mood of an original-six arena, making it feel like we were back in the 1950s. The game itself was a blowout for the NYR, but the experience was cool. In addition to hockey, we managed to see three plays and a gospel choir. Expensive trip, but fun.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I did, about four/five years ago. My buddy and I planned the NY trip around the Habs game. It was just before MSG went through its major renovations, so I saw the place in all its dingy glory, with its old corridors and classic photographs, and the main arena's mauve and teal seats. Man... the events that have taken place there. We had a blast, joked around with a few diehard Rangers fans before and during the game. The ice has a weird yellowy tint, giving it a sepia tone that somehow fits the mood of an original-six arena, making it feel like we were back in the 1950s. The game itself was a blowout for the NYR, but the experience was cool. In addition to hockey, we managed to see three plays and a gospel choir. Expensive trip, but fun.
People say New York is expensive.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Also, with a cramped schedule over the next week, we better see scherbak at some point.

Let's see him playing some good games in Laval first,

Joël Bouchard sur Nikita Scherbak :

« Ouf...c’est pas vraiment ce que représente un séjour pour conditionnement. Je n’ai pas du tout aimé son implication ce soir. »

Not really a good reason to bring him back

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

That sounds fantastic! I went to old Chicago Stadium before they closed that down. It was a great experience. Hawks beat the Kings. Gretzky was still on the Kings, but got injured the game before in St. Louis, so didn't play, which kind of sucked. Still a great time.

Reactions: Runner77

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Let's get on a roll here FFS! This W-L-W-L-W thing is shit.

We can go on a 4 win streak here this week! GHG!

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Need a win with a dreadful west coast trip coming up. Rangers been playing well as of late. Not going to be easy. They beat Buffalo 3-1, who just beat us. Lundqvist made 39 saves. Hoping for a win and entertaining game

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Man........ this team is so fun to watch, cant wait for the game tonight

Go :habs Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad