New World (2021)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Will it have longevity? Seems like it might be a flash in the pan type of scenario.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I've been really enjoying it.
Did the first dungeon the other day and it was solid.
People like the invasions and having to defend forts from other factions.
I'll try and do some of the PvP things this weekend or next week sometime.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Pretty solid game and every time there is a new MMO there is gonna be lack of content compared to 2 years from now when its further expanded.
It has a lot of room for expansions (other islands and underground raids/dungeons) and i predict at one point we get Ships to travel to other islands or a place to fast travel to other island etc.
There hasn't been a whole lot of PVP in open world, kinda like the decline of fighting in the NHL lol. Not many want to flag up drop the gloves and PVP.

Game world is as beautiful as it gets. The trees, leafs, plants etc all seem to react to wind realisticly.
We will be getting more weapons to vary the character builds even more. Have heard that we are getting greatsword, pistol, void caster weapon at some point.

Sep 19, 2008
Pretty solid game and every time there is a new MMO there is gonna be lack of content compared to 2 years from now when its further expanded.
It has a lot of room for expansions (other islands and underground raids/dungeons) and i predict at one point we get Ships to travel to other islands or a place to fast travel to other island etc.
There hasn't been a whole lot of PVP in open world, kinda like the decline of fighting in the NHL lol. Not many want to flag up drop the gloves and PVP.

Game world is as beautiful as it gets. The trees, leafs, plants etc all seem to react to wind realisticly.
We will be getting more weapons to vary the character builds even more. Have heard that we are getting greatsword, pistol, void caster weapon at some point.
Wonder if they'll put mounts in soon. Seems to me you can only run or fast travel

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
This is a tough one. I think it's less polished than a lot of MMOs were at their releases (recent MMOs). But then again most recent MMOs that have come out over say... the last ~5 years tend to come from companies with lots of experience in the area of open world games if not MMOs specifically.

New World is the first instalment of a new studio even when considering they have Amazon behind them. There are some clunkiness issues with gameplay, some bugs, some things are really intuitive and well done but some things were clearly just forgotten about (like switching moves around being a 2 step process instead of 1).

All-in-all I think it's a good first product for a new game studio. I think this game will likely fade over the coming months unless there are immediate plans to expand the world. There is quite a bit of repetition.

That being said the gameplay and teamplay offered is pretty fun. There's decent variety. The dungeons feel good.

I bought it and it was worth getting IMO. I have my doubts this game will survive with a large playerbase beyond lets say... a year.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Some of my swtor guildies are taking a break until the next expansion, some getting into this and some into final fantasy. Going to give this a shot.
The idea of being sort of classless is intriguing.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Dead thread, but I'm enjoying the game. They have somehow made me want to spend time harvesting everything in sight; only level 39 but it's been fun to solo around and explore.
My server only has about 300 people on it including my company of five but I know the mergers are coming--a good thing, but hopefully not to the degree where everything becomes overcrowded.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I had a lot of fun leveling, but I'm kind of losing interest at 60. The gear grind is just running around in a big zerg looting chests and the PvP seems wildly imbalanced.

I used my free transfer to go from my dead server to a balanced medium pop server, but it seems like everyone else had the same idea and it quickly climbed to high pop. Been nice for finding groups for stuff, but every zone is at war on cooldown. Kind of takes the fun out of planning and pushing zones. Not to mention I can't get into a single war since I'm not in the top companies haha.

Reactions: JBeast

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Anyone still playing this?

Yes but barely because most of the people I know consolidated on another server and I had already used my transfer. I'll log on and do some basic activities I can do solo like gathering materials, refining them and crafting along with soloing elite chest run areas.

I'm kind of nearing the end though. If they don't hand out another free transfer by February-March I'll move on and be done with the game.

It was an interesting idea but the launch was filled with so many bugs and problems that it turned off a lot of people and there is no indication with any of their patches that things will improve. They had another buggy patch they put through overnight. No lessons learned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad