Music: New Tool EP possible during lockdown

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks like Tool is hoping to put together a new EP that would be created thanks to and during the lockdown.

"Speaking as part of a new bass and drums webinar that also features Tool bassist Justin Chancellor, members of Korn, Megadeth and more, Carey spoke of what the band have been up to during their time in isolation.
“I’m hoping, during this downtime, as soon as we’re able, maybe we’ll get together — Justin and I, and [guitarist] Adam [Jones] — maybe start hashing out some new Tool stuff in the meantime, maybe write another EP since we’re down and we can’t do anything else.
“I’m just kind of waiting on that, you know, waiting around but – that’s all I’ve really got going on.”"

Tool are planning to write a new EP while in lockdown

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I do remember the band saying that they had extra partially or totally finished songs so maybe they might work on those and release them. One can hope!

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Ok, help me out a little. I used to play the drums, but I never could get limb independence. I can do all the basics, but I was pretty remedial. I could get 3 limbs working independently, but never all 4. His limb independence is about unparalleled, it's almost impossible to figure out how he does it.

I googled this to see if I could find anything similar about how is able to do it but I couldn't. Tell me if you see this: He blinks regularly when he plays, but right about the 7:30 or 7:45 mark he seems to start rapidly blinking in some sort of pattern. Do you think he uses that as some sort of method, that entire 3 minute sequence is so intricate.

Or have I been enjoying my medical weed a bit too much?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Ok, help me out a little. I used to play the drums, but I never could get limb independence. I can do all the basics, but I was pretty remedial. I could get 3 limbs working independently, but never all 4. His limb independence is about unparalleled, it's almost impossible to figure out how he does it.

I googled this to see if I could find anything similar about how is able to do it but I couldn't. Tell me if you see this: He blinks regularly when he plays, but right about the 7:30 or 7:45 mark he seems to start rapidly blinking in some sort of pattern. Do you think he uses that as some sort of method, that entire 3 minute sequence is so intricate.

Or have I been enjoying my medical weed a bit too much?

It's probably just reflective of some patterns he's doing in his head, I don't think he's intentionally blinking but more blinking to certain impulses in his body.

Danny has said many times that he doesn't 'count', he internalizes the signature more than anything.

Danny's the best to have done 4 way independence though, best drummer in the world.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Wrong band lol

From what I read there is a whole new album ready from Puscifer that was only going to come out in 2021 after the Tool world tour for Fear Inoculum but now with everything on hold MJK seems to have decided to move the release of the album up and it should be out pretty soon. When the band tweeted this new video it had the hashtag #newalbum2020 or something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad