HF Habs: New Season about to start but....

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
While I don't see bubble playoffs or anything I dont see dead last, part of the reason we we're garbage last year is health. There was a 20 game stretch or so where we we're icing laval I can't imagine that happens again this year

How would health have helped last year?

Do you think a healthy Byron, Drouin, Gallagher, Armia, etc. would have helped us that much? I'd argue it might have even helped the tank.

The only one that could have helped would have been a healthy Edmundson.

Also important to remember our division and conference got stronger, we're not going to do well against them and that's the majority of our games.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto

Do you think a healthy Byron, Drouin, Gallagher, Armia, etc. would have helped us that much? I'd argue it might have even helped the tank.

Also important to remember our division and conference got stronger, we're not going to do well against them and that's the majority of our games.
Im willing to bet we finish with 75 points this year which would put us picking roughly 8th

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

When Drouin got injured he was actually leading the team in points.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Sure, but I think we'll only see it at mid-season....last year it was after 10 games

Yeah, but inversely, there won't be a new coach coming in (hopefully) after mid-season to get a huge uptick in performance.

Imagine if the whole season was Ducharmed, we would've finished with 30-40 points.

That's the actual baseline before considering the addition of MSL. ADD MSL and we're getting maybe 20-25 points over this? Like 65, maybe 70 at the max.

Im willing to bet we finish with 75 points this year which would put us picking roughly 8th
I'll take that bet, all my sportscash. i know it's trivial, but it's for fun and bragging rights.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Willing to bet what?
my soul
Yeah, but inversely, there won't be a new coach coming in (hopefully) after mid-season to get a huge uptick in performance.

Imagine if the whole season was Ducharmed, we would've finished with 30-40 points.

That's the actual baseline before considering the addition of MSL. ADD MSL and we're getting maybe 20-25 points over this? Like 65, maybe 70 at the max.

I'll take that bet, all my sportscash. i know it's trivial, but it's for fun and bragging rights.
I dont know how but I would If I did

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

Dude, these guys are NHL contributors. Of course they would have helped. What in the world are you on about? Byron helps you tank? The f***

When Drouin got injured he was actually leading the team in points.

Drouin sucks but to think that the guy helps you tank...goddamn, you've got to have peeholes where your eyes are supposed to be.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
You can recognize poor debaters with massive egos when they present their opinion as fact with nothing to support it and then act like there's something wrong with the poster they're responding to. Those kind of immature posters have a hard time with opinions that don't fit theres, facts be damned.

To say Drouin is not a tank enabler is already laughable by itself, but then having the gull to proclaim there's something wrong with the eyes of the poster who believes Drouin helps the tank and finally offers nothing to support it. He states it, so it must be true.

The reality is this:

Screenshot-20220916-064026-Samsung-Internet.jpg

This is cummulative ESGF% for seasons from 17-18 to 20-21 for players on the habs with 100+ games over those 4 seasons. I did not include last season because dysfunction was everywhere and almost everyone was fully in the minuses, which skews trying to decipher who actually is dysfunctional.

As we can see Drouin is by far the most dysfunctional regular player in all those seasons. The players that trail him have all been put in much harder situations.

So yeah, facts support Drouin being a tank enabler.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad