WC: new schema

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Is the eight members round robin table heading to more tied results and more "miracles" as France did it yesterday ?

For sure, there are more matches between weaker teams and strong teams so obviously there's a bigger chance that it will happen.

But I liked the 4 groups system more.

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
I love this two groups system.

Honestly I do believe there is no better system than:
2 groups - each 8 teams
winner of each group goes directly into the SF
2A-3B and 3A-2B (or 3A-2A and 3B-2B whatever) plays QF and winner of QF plays one of the group winner...

+:
There is a reward for winning a tight group
Eliminates lousy effort, even top countries have to play their best because 3/8 system may found them very easy on 4th spot
-:
money - 2 playoff games less

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I love this two groups system.

Honestly I do believe there is no better system than:
2 groups - each 8 teams
winner of each group goes directly into the SF
2A-3B and 3A-2B (or 3A-2A and 3B-2B whatever) plays QF and winner of QF plays one of the group winner...

+:
There is a reward for winning a tight group
Eliminates lousy effort, even top countries have to play their best because 3/8 system may found them very easy on 4th spot
-:
money - 2 playoff games less

too tough on the borderline teams though, never see any Norway type teams in the QF and rarely see Germany or the Swiss, every now and then Slovakia would make it.

with the way it is now top 6 are much better than everyone else(not in a 1 game thing but over the course of 7 games) I think you need that etra 2 spots to give long shot teams a chance at the QF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad