News Article: New potential lawsuit against Blackhawks

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
I don’t know if it has been proven to be a lie, but Jenner and Block didn’t find a recommendation letter.

I think DHF summed up the possible explanations well.
Jenner and Block didn't just look for a recommendation letter from the Hawks' end either, they contacted all the schools involved and none of them knew if ir recalled recommendations from the Hawks as well.

Reactions: Pertti

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Jenner and Block didn't just look for a recommendation letter from the Hawks' end either, they contacted all the schools involved and none of them knew if ir recalled recommendations from the Hawks as well.
Yes and no.

Jenner and Block did not find the Aldrich personnel file as noted on page 11 of the report. Odd. Most organizations would keep recommendation letters in this file.

Notre Dame declined a request for records. The high school in Michigan responded that they "did not have any relevant records". Miami of Ohio looks to have supplied relevant records.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
So there, it shows the Blackhawks will now conduct full resources and FIRE individuals that have wronged
And still not tell people about it just leading to that person fired to potentially find a similar job offer without it known he was let go for allegations of abuse. If they said, we did this, it would of been great. It's leaked to the press 3 months later though.

prime 2 steps forward, 1 step back.. if that.

Reactions: vegarover

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
And still not tell people about it just leading to that person fired to potentially find a similar job offer without it known he was let go for allegations of abuse. If they said, we did this, it would of been great. It's leaked to the press 3 months later though.

If they say it, they have to prove it in court. If they go that way then the player is in court too because he will prove what happened or not happened.

Reactions: Giovi

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

From a termination standpoint, can they announce why legally?

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
From a termination standpoint, can they announce why legally?
Sure, if they don't mind running the risk of being hauled into court on a defamation claim.

They probably are pretty happy the news got out without them ever officially releasing the info themselves though. Shows they're doing their job and gives them deniability should the fired part ever try to claim they defamed him.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If they say it, they have to prove it in court. If they go that way then the player is in court too because he will prove what happened or not happened.
If they have the conviction to believe their investigation led to removing him being the right choice, why can't they stand by that legally in a court case? I know there is that fear in practice, but thats what there proper investigations should cover.

This situation still would of created the Aldrich situation. I never got the attitude the issue was him not being fired 5 days after it was found out vs a month later. The issue is that he was fired quietly. That's how serial abuse perpetrators get created and pushed on and on like Aldrich was.

Same issue with the Skalde/Donatelli Penguins AHL issue. But Donatelli went and was a HC in Germany, then before this season began he was replaced because it was known about his assault accusations. Donatelli just "resigned" from the AHL Penguins, but that allowed him to get another HC job where he could of abused his power to assault someone else. This to me always was the big issue they need to solve, not just fire a guy quickly and quietly.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
If they have the conviction to believe their investigation led to removing him being the right choice, why can't they stand by that legally in a court case? I know there is that fear in practice, but thats what there proper investigations should cover.

This situation still would of created the Aldrich situation. I never got the attitude the issue was him not being fired 5 days after it was found out vs a month later. The issue is that he was fired quietly. That's how serial abuse perpetrators get created and pushed on and on like Aldrich was.

Same issue with the Skalde/Donatelli Penguins AHL issue. But Donatelli went and was a HC in Germany, then before this season began he was replaced because it was known about his assault accusations. Donatelli just "resigned" from the AHL Penguins, but that allowed him to get another HC job where he could of abused his power to assault someone else. This to me always was the big issue they need to solve, not just fire a guy quickly and quietly.

It is entirely possible, if not likely, that he was technically fired for violating a team policy. Even if they believe the story of the accuser it is a lot easier to have direct evidence of a policy violation than of the actual complaint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad