News Article: New potential lawsuit against Blackhawks

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

5092DE09-7045-42AD-9FF1-07AB717CFA67.jpeg

Last edited:

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Aldrich used NHL names, memorabilia to build trust, alleged victim says - TSN.ca

Paul Vincent:
“And after we won the Stanley Cup, I went into a meeting with [then vice-president of hockey operations] Al MacIsaac and he told me he was going to offer me a contract for half what I had been making, and it was going to be with the team’s American Hockey League team. They were punishing me. They did not like me pushing for them to report Brad Aldrich to the police.”

Edit: Rocky screwed the pooch in so many ways last night that the damage may not be calculable. Any season ticket holder on the fence for renewing, any well regarded hockey executive looking at the Hawks open GM position, a person considering a law suit from the Aldrich shit storm may tilt towards a "screw them" when coming to a decision. There are certainly other scenarios.

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
How about this part? An allegation the Hawks saw no difference between the sexual assault and Aldrich being gay, so helped the predator get a job at a place which supported LGBTQ inclusion?

John Doe 3 said Aldrich confided in him that he was gay and told him the Blackhawks had helped Aldrich secure a job at the Ohio school after he left the NHL team.

“Brad told me that he was tired of the travel of the NHL and that after winning the Stanley Cup, he had achieved his goals in that league,” John Doe 3 said. “He said that the Blackhawks recommended he work with Miami of Ohio because the school had really supported the You Can Play program it had established because of Brendan Burke.”

Burke, the son of Pittsburgh Penguins executive Brian Burke, worked as student manager with the Miami University RedHawks hockey team. After Brendan was killed in a car accident in 2010, his family started the You Can Play program in conjunction with Miami University as a tribute to Brendan to fight homophobia in sports.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Some crazy details coming out now. Not sure what to make of all of them but that's alot of smoke.

Wow, now I really want to know more about what the Hawks did to cover up the Garrett Ross crime too. Who knew what? How was the media manipulated? Who was the other player (were they traded)?

Pretty sick culture over there.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I thought it was public record that Coach Q was the one who gave Aldrich the letter of reference not the Blackhawks

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
If the Paul Vincent blackballing is proven, I become a St. Louis Blues fan. No virtue signaling, just that if they did that as retaliation against a good man for doing the right thing, I am done.

Right now I have 10 items on my office walls Hawks related. What a shitshow they have become.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I thought it was public record that Coach Q was the one who gave Aldrich the letter of reference not the Blackhawks

He gave him a positive evaluation at the end of the season, but that was the internal team review.

The recommendation that JD2 claimed was given was never actually found in discovery. It was one of the very few things it seems the Blackhawks were truthful about.

One of the new JDs claims he was told a recommendation was given by a primary source. Its new, potentially damning info if proven true.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Paul Vincent:
“And after we won the Stanley Cup, I went into a meeting with [then vice-president of hockey operations] Al MacIsaac and he told me he was going to offer me a contract for half what I had been making, and it was going to be with the team’s American Hockey League team. They were punishing me. They did not like me pushing for them to report Brad Aldrich to the police.”

Wow.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
You are alk reacting yo heresay ...and tge mob calling for more off with their heads based on maybe just the saying of those trying to get lawyers to get them some moolah...And IF Vincent has a grudge agaivst the Hawks Org, even if this new claim he allegedly is making Now (that he was offered a demotion to the AHL can be PROVEN true...then why wait till now to aljege it...why not come out with it i the independent legal review that was done ?

It seems you can hire lawyers to try anything before a judge or jury ,if such lawyers convince you there might becavpitbof gold if they win...take it on contingency...cost the claimant nothing to lose...allege ,alkege.. alkege..lawyers know that defendantsxwoyldcratger settle than lengthy costly trials...so why not try for about of dough?

Can Vincent prove thus shameful aljegation he claims isctrue?

Eve so it may not break any laws?

Or in my confusion is this more heresay..did Vinent actualky kclaim this or did some other person merely repeat what he claims somebody told hom what Vincent told tgat guy?

It all gets so confusing...just do not take anything as Truth till proven in court...otherwise you woukd guillotine based on a mere allgation that might even be just heresay concocted for somebody's pecuniary benefit.

Butblojexalwayscit seems the rush to judgement and execution squad has already made up their minds.

We just do not know tge true FACT on this Vincent "shameful offer " STORY...maybectrue...maybe not..but till we know for certain you should not be jumping the gun in condemnation.
Somebody is out to seek MONEY for some aljeged wrong dobectobthem...andcso the motive May or May Not be so :virtuous".

Let facts speak for themselves...not mere allegations posted on these boards .

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
The recommendation that JD2 claimed was given was never actually found in discovery. It was one of the very few things it seems the Blackhawks were truthful about.

I don't know about that being truthful, it just means they didn't find the letter of recommendation.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Plus there are plenty of back channel ways to get someone a job. According to this new claim, Aldrich was seemingly bragging the Hawks got him the Miami job.
Which could be true or could be Aldrich flexing on bullshit to impress or intimidate somebody he was trying to put in a vulnerable position. Shades of brown inside a shit sandwich either way.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
How about this part? An allegation the Hawks saw no difference between the sexual assault and Aldrich being gay, so helped the predator get a job at a place which supported LGBTQ inclusion?

John Doe 3 said Aldrich confided in him that he was gay and told him the Blackhawks had helped Aldrich secure a job at the Ohio school after he left the NHL team.

“Brad told me that he was tired of the travel of the NHL and that after winning the Stanley Cup, he had achieved his goals in that league,” John Doe 3 said. “He said that the Blackhawks recommended he work with Miami of Ohio because the school had really supported the You Can Play program it had established because of Brendan Burke.”

Burke, the son of Pittsburgh Penguins executive Brian Burke, worked as student manager with the Miami University RedHawks hockey team. After Brendan was killed in a car accident in 2010, his family started the You Can Play program in conjunction with Miami University as a tribute to Brendan to fight homophobia in sports.
Bolded: Hasn't this been prooved to be lie.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Beach got a settlement but John Doe 2 had his case thrown out... Doesn't look great for these new cases

Hopefully they get the help they need

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad