NEW: Player movement other teams discussions

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I am starting this on other teams relevant to us now and future to discuss bad moves or what i consider really bad moves.

Hope people like first discussion boston offseason so far ??? Montreal what have they done? Boston really hurt itself pre draft and draft day imho and really hurt self big time today trading goalie martin am shocked at that move myself.

So far montreal is doing nothing do they think all world price is enough or what.

Now chicago bad trade moving brandon saad.

Just want to keep this running with our guys so add to it talk your thoughts especially teams that impact us in league play first and foremost but stanley cup teams.

Also want to mention love all that calgary has done this week impressive

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I'm scared of CBUS...they just added Saad - that forward group is gonna be tough to deal with. In the East...still Lightning on top of the standings for sure and a legitimate contender for President's trophy. Favorites to win the Atlantic & East by far. I like Columbus a lot though...Dubinsky, Saad, Foligno, Johansen they are going to be a handful. Their defense ain't bad either. That team will climb the standings if they stay healthy.

CBUS replaces Penguins in the playoff picture. Panthers/Buffalo got better - will still miss playoffs. Penguins fight Ottawa for a playoff spot with Philly still teeter-tottering on mediocracy. Bruins got significantly worse and will miss the playoffs again. Toronto/Carolina/New Jersey still bottom dwelling teams. Free agency still to come...but I think more or less this is how it should look.

So far looks like 3 teams make the playoffs out of the Atlantic...Tampa, Montreal, Red Wings. And 5 teams may make the playoffs from the Metropolitan...Rangers, Columbus, Islanders, Capitals, and Penguins.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
If Columbus finally gets some luck with the injuries I want no part of them. We always seem to have problems with them for some reason. Smart trade for both teams though. Hawks may take a step back for a bit but they'll be around.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like what Buffalo did, think they will be a bubble team, maybe even a first round exit, but should be interesting to see.

Rangers trading Hagelin was a big mistake, this guy is a solid 3rd liner who will put up well over 30 points and also was one of their best PK'ers, Brian Boyle was the other, so it's going to be free candy on most teams PP against the Rangers next season. Anahiem got the better said of the deal. Quack!

As per Boston - LOL! Next..

Kings - Lawsuit on the horizon?

Chicago is doing what they can with the cap issues they have, that team that won the cup will be very different next year, this is another reason I don't want Stamkos to be handed a blank check. Because then you have to move guys who are actually still a major asset.

Free Agency should be interesting for around the league, but don't think we will see much action. I agree with werewolf, those teams seem to be on the rise and the other ones on the fall. Metro should be pretty stacked. We may not agree on lines, but he hit the nail on the head with that.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Right now, Columbus is the favorite out of the East IF they stay healthy IMO. That is a scary good team. Like really, I don't want to play that team in a 7 game series if they are healthy. I can't overstate that. I was worried about them before the Saad trade...

Tampa, Montreal likely fight for the atlantic, Florida may step up to take the #3 spot. Red Wings will fall down some but still get a wild card. Buffalo will be wishy washy this year, then make the playoffs next year. Ottawa doesn't make it in, they wont get Hamburglar part 2 this year. Toronto's still on fire for a year or two. Boston will be mediocre, not bad but not playoff bound either.

In the Metro, Columbus runs away with the division if healthy. If injuries flair up the Rangers get it again, Columbus falls to third. Washington/ Isles both likely mainting a playoff spot, with the Isles taking the last wildcard. Carolina's another 2 years off from competing, New Jersey is still kinda a mess system wise, so I have no read on them. Penguins fall out it seems unless if they can get Crosby and Malkin back to a healthy form. Philly is competitive but misses out again.

Sound fair?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
jackets got bobo but lost three good forwards for saad think this hurts a little they dont worry me too much lost morin whose decent anismov whom i love myself and tropp whose good on lower lines

think chicago keeps morin now without saad he has some chemistry with them from the past the other two i expect to move

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Calling Columbus the favorite is a bit strong. I just don't like our matchup with them is all.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think the east belongs to tampa bay! blackhawks got worse boston got way worse! i'm most impressed with the flames but I think they still need to bring ramo back there. Most improved team in the east is buffalo but I don't think they can make the playoffs just yet. Loved what the sharks did landing jones I think he is a legit goalie! LA has to be upset he is in there divison now. I'm shocked i'm saying this I like what the oilers are doing but think it's like buffalo they are not there just yet.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Once the dust settles over the next couple of days, we'll have more of an idea who to watch out for.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Columbus has a really bad D, no way they take the Metro. And I'd pick us 8/10 vs Columbus if we happened to cross roads in the POs.

JS91

May 14, 2014
I feel like as it stands Tampa is a HEAVY favorite to win the East next year. Montreal hasn't improved their offense at all and with Boston falling out of the picture there is really nobody in the Atlantic who could seriously challenge us. The metro is a bit better, Islanders are getting stronger every year and the Capitals and Rangers are still strong. Columbus is also looking good but in my opinion Islanders and Capitals are still better.

After the free agent frenzy is over it will be a lot clearer who is the real threat for us.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Columbus will be a threat next year. I'm not sure we would've beaten them if they had been healthy and got into the playoffs TBH. Tough team to beat.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I have a hunch Montreal is going to have a bad year. No meaningful injuries this season and a career year for Price got them a lot farther than they should have with that roster.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Anyone else grateful we only have to play Calgary twice a year? Will be very fun to watch. Tons of young talent, very bright future.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Hey XC, I was wondering is Calgary your second team?

They are. But it is a pretty distant second. I only watch them live if Tampa is in town or occasioanly I get tickets from work. Although I will watch them on TV/Stream more than any other non Lightning team, so I do follow them enough that I can talk with friends/family/coworkers.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
They are. But it is a pretty distant second. I only watch them live if Tampa is in town or occasioanly I get tickets from work. But I do follow them enough that I can talk with friends/family/coworkers.
"Hai guyz Geordono for Norris!" :sarcasm:

Does your kid follow them too?

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
"Hai guyz Geordono for Norris!" :sarcasm:

Does your kid follow them too?

When they watch with me, (which is not too often actually) they know to cheer for the Lightning. But in reality none of my three boys have shown a big interest in hockey yet. The middle one probably has shown the most interst but that is just enough to watch with me for a period before finds something else to do. Although when I asked all of them if they wanted to go to the Lightning vs Flames game this year they all said yes.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I certainly think Columbus will make some noise next year. They have a really solid team, and I actually like them and the way they are built. They'll be a tough team to knock out if we meet them in the playoffs.

As for Boston, I couldn't be happier watching them implode.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Detroit improved, I think they're going to be our toughest competition in the division next season. I rank our division for next season as

1. Tampa Bay
2. Detroit
3. Montreal
4. Florida
5. Ottawa
6. Buffalo
7. Boston
8. Toronto

Honestly, 4-7 is a crap shoot. Any combination of those 4 teams wouldn't surprise me.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Anyone else grateful we only have to play Calgary twice a year? Will be very fun to watch. Tons of young talent, very bright future.

ya I have to think in the next 3 years we see a flames vs lightning rematch from 2004.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad