Jameson Olive: New Official Panthers Podcast - Territory Talk

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Howdy guys,

Just wanted to let you know that the Florida Panthers now have an official podcast -- Territory Talk. The podcast is hosted by myself (Jameson) and Doug Plagens and will be weekly during the season and bi-weekly in the offseaon. Each episode will feature an interview with a player, executive or media personality.

For Episode 1, we sat down for a good 15 minutes with Nick Bjugstad to talk about his hat trick, playing with pair of Russians, weird nicknames and his love of Harry Potter. The Bjugy interview starts around the 17-minute mark.

It'll be available on iTunes and Google Play in a week or so, but you can find Episode 1 here now.

Thanks for listening and send some feedback! We're going to evolve as we go.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I listened to it and really enjoyed it.

My only feedback is that you guys said the same thing, same phrase a lot, especially for the first 15 mins or so.

Otherwise great work. Look forward to listening to this every week or so

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Howdy guys,

Just wanted to let you know that the Florida Panthers now have an official podcast -- Territory Talk. The podcast is hosted by myself (Jameson) and Doug Plagens and will be weekly during the season and bi-weekly in the offseaon. Each episode will feature an interview with a player, executive or media personality.

For Episode 1, we sat down for a good 15 minutes with Nick Bjugstad to talk about his hat trick, playing with pair of Russians, weird nicknames and his love of Harry Potter. The Bjugy interview starts around the 17-minute mark.

It'll be available on iTunes and Google Play in a week or so, but you can find Episode 1 here now.

Thanks for listening and send some feedback! We're going to evolve as we go.

It really irks me calling Barkov Russian. Yeah, I know his heritage is from Russia, but still. As long as you don't call him Swedish I suppose.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
I listened to it and really enjoyed it.

My only feedback is that you guys said the same thing, same phrase a lot, especially for the first 15 mins or so.

Otherwise great work. Look forward to listening to this every week or so

Thanks! We noticed the same thing with the repetition and will cut back on that going forward.

Upcoming episodes will also be around 30 - 35 minutes instead of the 42 this one was. Being the 1st, it ran long.

Keith Yandle is our guest next week!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@coopdaloop123

Really excited for this podcast as a Canadian, we don't get any coverage up here other than when we're made fun of or when we go on a run like we are now.

Was hoping you'd bring up the "BEAST" nickname with Nick on but otherwise he seems like a pretty chill guy and I think the lack of goal scoring was weighing on him as he was hinting/joking at it when saying Barkov and Dadonov were probably talking trash about him in Russian.

Great job guys, I'll be listening every episode going forward and can't wait for the awkwardness of Barkovs turn on the hot seat.:cheers:

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Nice Podcast but could you use a different mic or set up, i only hear 2 minutes of Doug and it listen like you work with a microphon for room voice. You have a sound liek sitting in a room and empty room eats all the accustic. Sure its the first time, but Doug did a few Internet interviews he shoudl know.

I would wish a better Audio Quality if this is an official Franchise Podcast, the quality is to low.
And Jameson could you speak a bit slower, its a bit to fast, thx.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
This was fun. I liked the vibe. Yandle has been playing with our core for a while now. I'd like to hear him comment on the evolution of his teammates. So many having career years and he's been there to witness it firsthand. I'd also like to hear about the moment he first realized Barkov's skills were elite.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Nice Podcast but could you use a different mic or set up, i only hear 2 minutes of Doug and it listen like you work with a microphon for room voice. You have a sound liek sitting in a room and empty room eats all the accustic. Sure its the first time, but Doug did a few Internet interviews he shoudl know.

I would wish a better Audio Quality if this is an official Franchise Podcast, the quality is to low.
And Jameson could you speak a bit slower, its a bit to fast, thx.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm a fast talker, so I'll try and slow it down a bit.

As for the sound set up, we are currently working with a one-mic setup at home and headsets when Doug's on the road. We're working on getting a better recording space in the arena to limit the amount of echo/acoustic sound. It should get better as we go / get better equipment down the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad