New NHLPA Proposal Coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
"Our pal, Flyers forward Jeremy Roenick, could use a prayer. In addition to his concussion battle, JR — who has been losing his voice since July — this month faces surgery to have a polyp removed from his vocal chords."

the world would be a better place if we didn't have to listen to JR again

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
Seven_Nation_Army said:

I hate listening to Roenick, but I think we all should hope that surgery goes well; that's just way outside the bounds of personal likes/dislikes.

degroat*

One of the things this league lacks is more people that actually have a personality, such as Roenick.

HughJass*

Stich said:
One of the things this league lacks is more people that actually have a personality, such as Roenick.

Yeah, we need more players who never saw a mic they didn't like. :shakehead

I wish Roenick and Hull would shut up already.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I wish they encouraged more characters like them. But players have to bery careful with their images and what they say, besides just karma. Fans can turn on them for the most ridiculously petty things.

I cant imagine the next step will be the final one. There is still more pressure to be applied. But if the NHL came back and said ok, we start with your proposal but have a 50% rollback and a 500% luxury tax, at least they would be on the same planet for negotiations to start.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
As far as JR goes, how come people don't like guys with a little personality. The history of interviews of NHL players can be summed up with....

"You know, we all have to go out there and give a 110%. The guys are giving a good effort and we just hope to come up with a good period.....blah blah blah..."

Give me a JR interview anytime.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't care if the owners come in, throw it on the floor and take a piss on it, it's as close as they've been within the last month.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
SerbianEagle said:
I wish all players gave no BS interview like JR, Hull, Niinimaa...

what did Niinimaa say? I missed that one. Janne Niinimaa is not someone i would expect to come out and speak his mind

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
go kim johnsson said:
what did Niinimaa say? I missed that one. Janne Niinimaa is not someone i would expect to come out and speak his mind

He is a fantastic interview...

He's not like JR and Hull who talk about anything, but a post game interview with Niinimaa is fantastic.

If the team is crapping the bed, he says it, and why. If things are going well, everyone gets credit. And he wears his heart on his sleeve.

By far one of the best interviews in sport!

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
Holy crap that was hard to read... black type on a charcoal background... :shakehead

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Seven_Nation_Army said:
"Our pal, Flyers forward Jeremy Roenick, could use a prayer. In addition to his concussion battle, JR — who has been losing his voice since July — this month faces surgery to have a polyp removed from his vocal chords."

Understandeable, but there should be more vocal players like Hull and Roenick. A majority of hockey players are probably the worst interviewees of any athlete. It's like they've been given a list of "What to say that's generic that won't bring any individual attention to yourself" or "How to bore the Interviewer and the fans".

It's one obvious cliche after another for 99% of the interviews I hear/read. So boring, it's obvious that no company in their right mind would pay an exorbitant amount of money to have a hockey player be their spokesman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad