New NHL radio show.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
I just wanted to spread the word, a fellow poster on the Ranger board who is also a friend of mine have got our own Hockey Talk Radio Show starting up on Thursday, it will be on Thursdays and Fridays from 6:30pm - 8:00pm and it is called "Off The Post". We will be airing on Sportsonthego1, you can view them on their facebook page, on the TuneInRadio app, the Periscope app, or on their website www.sportsonthego1.com.

Before getting our own show we have both been on NHL On Ice with NHL Sirius XM’s Ashley Scharge which airs Saturdays on the same network from 12-2PM. We had guys such as Jiggs McDonald, John Forslund, John Vanbiesbrouck and Renaud Lavoie on the show just to name a few.

We'll be talking about local hockey (NYR, NYI, NJD) as well as the latest on the Stanley Cup Playoffs and other stuff happening league wide. In addition we will have guests as well, most notably on 5/17/18, we'll behaving Arthur Staple of The Athletic (former beat writer for NYR & NYI forNewsday) and other notable guests in the future. In addition, we'll be going tothe NHL draft in Dallas in June to cover it there, for our other show on Saturdaysfrom 12:00pm - 2:00pm, called "On Ice".

Feel free to tune in, call in and askquestions and check out the shows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Faterson

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
This isn't going to be just a local area show, just to clarify. We'll be talking about hockey around the league and callers and viewers from all over are welcomed. We'll be doing team by team offseason reports and we're going to be doing a draft preview and a mock draft as well.

I just wanted to make sure that we were clear in the aspect that this isn't just some local show.

Reactions: Bluesguru

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The western conference gets minimal coverage throughout the talk shows. You'd have a listener here if California teams get some coverage which they rarely don't. Or at least podcasts where you focus on certain divisions so I can tune in since none of the teams you mentioned have any relevance to most people on the west coast I'd figure.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The western conference gets minimal coverage throughout the talk shows. You'd have a listener here if California teams get some coverage which they rarely don't. Or at least podcasts where you focus on certain divisions so I can tune in.

Absolutely, that's why I wanted to be clear in conveying that it isn't just a local hockey show. We air from Long Island, but we will cover hockey across North America.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Absolutely, that's why I wanted to be clear in conveying that it isn't just a local hockey show. We air from Long Island, but we will cover hockey across North America.

Sounds good. Westcoast Wednesdays ;)

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
I meant if there was one just for your new show. I host a series of outdoor hockey events in binghamton and would share a page for a hockey program to my crowd

Not yet. They have update the page with a link to our show

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Just to update everyone, the time slot on Friday has become 5:30PM-7:00PM. Thursday time slot remains the same; 6:30PM-8:00PM.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Just wanted to remind everyone my new show Off the Post will be starting at 6:30 tonight so if you guys can try to tune in and catch us.
You watch live via the Sportsonthego Facebook page, sportsonthego1.com, the TuneInRadio app or periscope.
We will be having NHL.com’s Brian Compton on at 7. Call in are always welcome! 631-676-2968

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad