New NHL 2023-2024 Season with Bally Sports' Never-Ending Mess

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
With the NHL's 2023-2024 season starting soon, it sounds like Bally Sports still can't get it's act together.
They still haven't paid some teams for last season's TV coverage. I've offered to give Bally my Amiga PC, but they said it's too advanced for their operations.
Meanwhile, NHL HQ is content with their heads stuck deeply in the sand or in some other orifice.
Bally mess

Reactions: BrokenFace

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
With the NHL's 2023-2024 season starting soon, it sounds like Bally Sports still can't get it's act together.
They still haven't paid some teams for last season's TV coverage. I've offered to give Bally my Amiga PC, but they said it's too advanced for their operations.
Meanwhile, NHL HQ is content with their heads stuck deeply in the sand or in some other orifice.
Bally mess
They want to die on the ballys hill

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
Have to extract the last few dollars out of the dying RSN model, even if it's a worse experience for fans and isn't investing long-term.
That’s typical of the nhl though . So I don’t understand why people are in any sort of surprise.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Bally mess

There’s a 28-page thread discussing all of this.

The latest is that the NHL is in discussions with the bankruptcy court Diamond Sports is filed with.

They are working on it. And considering it’s a legal mess, it will probably be quiet for a while yet. Legal negotiations take a lot of time. And usually behind closed doors.

Reactions: SirJW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad